What sunglasses? Old ones were a pain in the neck.

Kanga

Love my Rydons but they fog like a mofo

Exact opposite for me, my rydons haven't fogged once but the jawbones...eish even with its ventilated lenses didn't work at all for me, also they scratch for nothing.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love my Rydons but they fog like a mofo

Magster has a little air vent on the nose piece to stop fogging. I got the photochromic 18% to 72% lenses which cover 95% of my daytime riding and the polarised lenses for the really bright sunny days on the road.

They are extremely comfortable, as are the Rydons, the genetyks and the swifts.

So I am hoping they will deliver my Rudy Project Rydons tommorow

Thanks for all the advice guys

Edited by Kanga

Anyone have experience with the Rydon's with optical inserts in wet weather. My Julbos fog up terribly. I'm tempted to drill holes in the lens so that they ventilate the optical inserts.

Anyone else tried Julbo? Their zebra lenses are great, photocromatic but only go from class 2 to 4, so not clear, but great for daytime riding.

So I am hoping they will deliver my Rudy Project Rydons tommorow

Thanks for all the advice guys

We are waiting for a full review after a weekend if riding.

Changing over from Rudy's to Racing Jackets....the Rudy's sit a bit far from the face, and when I stop after a ride they fog like crazy, and in the rain they are terrible......tried the new Racing Jackets, way comfier...also another thing, the Rudys have smaller lenses, so the wind comes in at the bottom and even bugs.

Got them, must say at first glance they are very comfortable and the photochromic lenses work well

Now SWMBO wants a pair too

I have been wearing Oakley since the days of the Razor blades and Mumbo's and they are great glasses.

I bought a pair of the Rudi Rydons on the ASG auction and to be honest i hate them.They don't fit right and they mist up very easily.

Giving them to a friend for Christmas.

I still have a few pairs of M-frames and the Radar Path are awesome glasses.

I like the Rudy's feature of twisting and adjusting the arms and nose support to suit one's fit.

This also makes for durability.

Wow

Did a 45 km ride with the Rydons today

Being able to bend / shape the arms result in a stunning fit, comfortable and does not slide down your nose while riding.

Initially I thought the lenses could be a little darker but after wearing them for a while I think they are just fine

Really glad I got them

Norman, I have the Race with Zebra lenses. The lenses dont get dark enough and after a long ride my eyes ache from the business of an orange lens.

By contrast Oakley and Rudy lenses seem to cool your vision.

The frames themselves are nice and comfortable and fit my face well. The optical insert fits nicely but does tend to fog up.

I contacted Julbo who recommended Chzmeleon lenses and that I go to their website for a local agent. Agent deals with Julbo kids glasses but can ask for alternate lenses for me. Not the way I want to go about trying to get good vision for my eyes.

Once you stick opticals onto any sunnies you totally change the ballgame. I have a problem with spending 5-6k on optical sunglasses that can get scratched and trashed after 1 ride.

Would love to find decent sports frames that I could put standard prescription, tinted or transition lenses in.

*you cannot drive with transition lenses as the windscreen cuts out the uv which is required to darken the lens. Also, uv protection and eye comfort are 2 different things.

Anyone else tried Julbo? Their zebra lenses are great, photocromatic but only go from class 2 to 4, so not clear, but great for daytime riding.

I have a set of Dolgans with polarized lenses for paddling and mountains

Not suitable for riding.Too dark

Wow

Did a 45 km ride with the Rydons today

Being able to bend / shape the arms result in a stunning fit, comfortable and does not slide down your nose while riding.

Initially I thought the lenses could be a little darker but after wearing them for a while I think they are just fine

Really glad I got them

Kwaai!