Do you carry spares...?

Bianchisti

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 tyre levers (Once broke one and its a bitch getting a tyre off with only one lever.)

2 tubes

2 bombs

Mini pump

Multi tool with chain breaker

Quick link

Tube patches

Valve adaptor

Wet wipe (The sealed one that you get from a restaurant. Useful to get the grease off your hands)

I carry all of this in a saddle bag on my road bike and I don't give a rats ass that some think it does not look cool. It certainly beats walking home or waiting on the side of the road for a good samaritin.

It certainly beats walking home or waiting on the side of the road for a good samaritin.

Ah, one tube, a bomb or a mini pomp, and a cell phone.

More than one flat, and I have twenty peeps that will drop whatever to come fetch me...

-Patch kit

-No tyre lever... I have a method and strong hands;)

-Tube

-Small pump

-Allen key's, Spanner (have a BMX hub on back, haha), Chainbreaker

-Cable-ties

-Spoke Tool, emergency wheel aligning to get home.. Happened a few times

All this goes into my cammelback Mule, Dont race, just ride

........I carry all of this in a saddle bag on my road bike and I don't give a rats ass that some think it does not look cool........

Good for you.

What I like about a small saddle bag is that I don't have to scratch around for stuff before a ride. Simply grab the bike and go. No fuss, no hassle. Each and every bike in my house has one filled with the basics.

1 tube, levers, 2 bombs and patches. All goes into my back pocket.

I don't know if you remember, but you mentioned on another thread a few weeks back about the poc-pac.

So I went online and found their site, then ordered 2.

http://www.thepocpac.co.za/product-range/

I use them now for road rides and they're brilliant.

Road: extra tube(s), multi tool, bombs, adaptor, link, extra seat post clamp (got it with the bike), tyre lever, patches.

MTB: bombs, adaptor, tyre levers, multi tool, links, plugs, extra tube (just for in case), cable ties.

Need to remember to buy a lekker strong tape thou.

If u stuck without tyre levers. Ur skewer is a good option

Or just pull the tyre off, Dont know on roadbike rims, but I havent come across a MTB tyre that cant be worked off with hands, even a slick.

Depends how long the race, or how intense the terrain.

My set varies from basics - multitool, tube, quick link, tyre levers (mtb)

to hardcore (Attakwas) - all of the above plus additional tubes, 2 dozen bombs, even a rear derailer, drop-out hangers whistling.gif , leatherman multi-tool (with pliers) and lastly brake pads wacko.png

I've used all of the above atleast once, and I have learnt my lesson....

Are you the roving mechanic?

Never carry a tube on the mountain but I do carry a bottle of stans and plugs. If it's that serious that it needs a tube I just wait for one of my mates to catch up.

But I never go out without a hanger and 2 sets of brake pads. Caught there once and never again.

Needed to fix a puncture for the first time ever since I went tubeless yesterday, the Stans it seems had 'run out', but a tube saved the day. Prefer a pump to bombs, doesn't crystallise the Stans and more environmentally friendly and wont run out or go flat (like a half used bomb). I pack those skinny lightweight tubes.

But what to do for 650b Tubes? Seems a limited choice.

Spare hanger: yes, good insurance policy, never had to use it though.