Winningtime

Supersix EVO

I raced yesterday and finished in the top 20. I had a look at the time on there website and my time is 2 min slower than the main bunch time.

The only explanation is that my time was recorded at the second mat after I talked to some people at the finish. I raised an complaint with them and still havent heard anything back from them.

I dont realy care bout the time i rode but I think that its the principal.

TarmacSL, I'm pretty sure they use the time on the first mat... There are guys that finished behind me that are ahead of me when going through the results, like Jay Thompson and Malcolm Lange etc, Big%20smile Just kidding. I'm sure they'll still do the final run and then it should be sorted.

I think it's more just a case of getting the results up quciker for us so that we don't moan about how long they're taking.

We'll just have to wait and see... give it a couple of days... Was the same problem with the Argus last year, they did the final run and everything was sorted.

Tarmac - your timing has been taken from the back-up mat (which always seems to work better than the one on the line)

I too crossed the line in the bunch but stopped to catch up with mates before going the medal-chute.  Cost - 4 minutes.  I've drafted an e-mail to WT but I'm not holding out much hope as it's a common occurence and they rarely seem to act on being challenged.

QuestionWhy don't they just put the back-up mat at the finish lineQuestion

I'm also still waiting for a reply from WT. I did the long route for Remax / Die Wingerd on Saturday, but for some reason it's listed that I've done the the medium route :-/

Slightly off topic, but what do you do if your time does not show up at all?  Has happened to me in the past even though my chip has worked fine subsequently.  Despite numerous emails WT never gave me a result.

The website says if your results are not showing you must, inter alia provide "Any contact details of someone who cycled with you".  I could not provide this because I didn't know anyone who I cycled with.

I am a funrider and all my friends cycle leage.  What do I do?  At the end of each race, just in case my chip did not register, acost any strange cyclist I happened to cycle with and take down their full details?

Tarmac - your timing has been taken from the back-up mat (which always seems to work better than the one on the line)

I too crossed the line in the bunch but stopped to catch up with mates before going the medal-chute.  Cost - 4 minutes.  I've drafted an e-mail to WT but I'm not holding out much hope as it's a common occurence and they rarely seem to act on being challenged.

QuestionWhy don't they just put the back-up mat at the finish lineQuestion

I think it's a speed issue: 25 km/h on the backup, 60 km/h on the main mat.

I really am not sure why speed or volume would make a difference to picking up your chip? Maybe how high it is off the ground and if its attached directly to your fork?  For the fast 1 I have the same time to the second as ten others who I raced with in the bunch sprint, so the back up mat could never have taken our times or positions.

so the moral of the story is, race your ass off to the second mat just in case!!! ha ha ha ha!

or boycott winning time, cause champion chip is miles better

Stopped my time on 1st mat and my time is identical to the WT one.

But i'm very impressed with the lady who won the L group in 2.29 beating the 2nd guy by almost 30 min, and in doing so must have rocketed past J and K groups.

Same has happened to Bliksempie he finished top 30 , rode his ass of was fixing to sprint to the line and place top 5.  Cramped and still finished top 30, but still no results to prove .. NOT GOOD or very proffessional, but that's the norm in SAShockedShockedShockedShocked

My seedo indicated 2:48:08 which i stopped just after the line and WT = 2:48:00. It might have to do with th amount of people going over the line at the same time, not every chip is picked up. thats why i assume there is a 2nd backup matt.