SylvaSun

Super J

Techniblock is the only thing I use. I hate the creams. You get a bit high, while applying it to your face, due to the alcohol in there, but no runny SPF into your eyes on long days, and no burning either.

Techniblock is the only thing I use. I hate the creams. You get a bit high, while applying it to your face, due to the alcohol in there, but no runny SPF into your eyes on long days, and no burning either.

Techniblock mixed with sweat burns like fire. This normally happens on the downhill after you sweated on the climb and you do not need to be blind on downhills!!!!!!! Vaseline above your eyebrows or a Sweat Sucker headband works.

We purchased a cream called Coverderm at a ARGUS a few years back. I use it around the eyes and forehead. No burn when you sweat.

i use the hard gel...doesnt drip into your eyes

I think its still avaialable - we grew up sailing cats every weekend so they were part of the package.

Impressive. I can barely convince my cat to take a **** outside.

Impressive. I can barely convince my cat to take a **** outside.

:) You doing something wrong..... Edited by MONS

I wish there was a sunblock that did not sting the crap out of my eyes when it mixes with sweat and runs down my face!

Anyone know of sunblocks that are not tested on poor animals?

Try the Island Tribe sunblock stick - does not sting my eyes like just about everything else does.

cursing.gif cursing.gif , and you have just gotten through one set, and then you want to burn something onto your head ? no no no no no no no, your christmas pressie should be one of those bandana thingy may bobs on your head (scalp) whistling.gif clap.gif .

Have a couple of buffs but they dont work so well in the heat. Nice when they are a bit moist and the breeze blows through but hot as anything when they are still dry. And I cant bring myself to put a wet buff on before the ride.

I get my SylvaSun at Checkers in Sandton City - Blue bottle goes for about R60 for 100 tablets i think

It's not the ultimate solution to replace sunscreen and it's not going to stop you from burning but it definitely helps in certain situations - I've used it for years while riding and in particular when I used to do a lot of shallow diving and snorkeling.

The only other thing that ever helped and didn't wash off in that situation was island tribe but it was mad expensive for a tiny bottle and played havoc on my masks and equipment, so I started using SylvaSun on advise from one of the skippers/spear fisherman in Mozambique and never looked back.

You can still get them. I used to use them, however my dermatologist told me they are snake oil - absolutely useless. He was quite surprised people (poeple?) still use 'em...

So I stick with a factor 50 sunblock and make sure I reapply regularly.

Sylvasun is still on the market, got some from our local pharmacy. It works wonders, but i cramp with them though.

I am also folically challenged and have had the helmet sunburn patterns... Sunscreen on top helps, as well as one of those sweat bandanas.

Why not wear a cycling cap under helmet?