Avianto Trails @Avianto Lifestyle Estate

Richard Beswick

We have moved over to the band system, so you can buy the bands at R30 from reception or the clubhouse(on weekends) with no need to pay a deposit and put a board on.

The bands are single use bands and each are numbered. You can purchase in advance, so if you are coming regularly in the week there is now no need to head to reception if you have a band already.

We are a few weeks away from a 4km addition to the trail on the otherside of the river and more and more trail being added for the upcoming Eqstra Spring Classic on the 8th of September.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have moved over to the band system, so you can buy the bands at R30 from reception or the clubhouse(on weekends) with no need to pay a deposit and put a board on.

The bands are single use bands and each are numbered. You can purchase in advance, so if you are coming regularly in the week there is now no need to head to reception if you have a band already.

We are a few weeks away from a 4km addition to the trail on the otherside of the river and more and more trail being added for the upcoming Eqstra Spring Classic on the 8th of September.

Hi Richard

I was introduced to Avianto by a friend in the beginning of the year.

I am now a regular visitor with the kids and wife. Not to far from home, I am enjoying the trail more and more especially that i can ride the entire 'blue' on my single speed. The new section was fantastic, always nice to ride new track on and existing trail. The river sand on the new section was impossible, however always up for a challange, cant wait for even more new trail, Hopefully more bridges.

The sign boarding is probebly the best out of all the trails that i ride at. Decent signboarding is essential for new commers and kids considering i send everyone i know to Avianto. Ther however needs to be one green arrow next to the blue when you're hedding back to the clubhouse just before the blue splits down to the river. My kids keep pointing this out to me. I think the 'kids' route is a good idea, needed that about 4 years ago.

Some suggestions.

Each arrow board should be numbered from 1 through to the last board as a reference to find where someone is if they have an injury or a mechanical.

I would like to do a printout from my Garmin of the various routes and put it up at the clubhouse.

There is one 'berm' on the blue near to the clubhouse which dosent have a great riding line. I'm going to bring my spade with one day and fix the problem.

Great ride, 1/2 hour drive away, excellent signage

...I'm going to bring my spade with one day and fix the problem.

If this was my trail that exact same spade would be beating your ass for messing with my berm :P

Hi Richard

I was introduced to Avianto by a friend in the beginning of the year.

I am now a regular visitor with the kids and wife. Not to far from home, I am enjoying the trail more and more especially that i can ride the entire 'blue' on my single speed. The new section was fantastic, always nice to ride new track on and existing trail. The river sand on the new section was impossible, however always up for a challange, cant wait for even more new trail, Hopefully more bridges.

The sign boarding is probebly the best out of all the trails that i ride at. Decent signboarding is essential for new commers and kids considering i send everyone i know to Avianto. Ther however needs to be one green arrow next to the blue when you're hedding back to the clubhouse just before the blue splits down to the river. My kids keep pointing this out to me. I think the 'kids' route is a good idea, needed that about 4 years ago.

Some suggestions.

Each arrow board should be numbered from 1 through to the last board as a reference to find where someone is if they have an injury or a mechanical.

I would like to do a printout from my Garmin of the various routes and put it up at the clubhouse.

There is one 'berm' on the blue near to the clubhouse which dosent have a great riding line. I'm going to bring my spade with one day and fix the problem.

Great ride, 1/2 hour drive away, excellent signage

Hi Craig

thanks for the comments, the trail is a work in progress, i saw the way the sand had gone on Monday, so we will create a shortcut line across the top and keep the section in for those that want the challenge, it is a golf course so we have to have a sand trap.

I hear you on green board, will put one in place, we will also number the boards and provide, we just wanted to wait for all the additional sections to be finished as it will throw the route out and the number system out in we add trail in the middle of the track which is a reality for the next couple of months. It is still new and is funded on the money we get from the gate takings, at the moment we are just able to pay the 2 guys that work on the trails salary so your support nd feedback is appreciated.

i'll look at that berm for you, i think i know the one you mean.

rich

I took a ride out there last weekend and did the blue. I wasn't that impressed with the first few k's going up and down the field, like others have said, it is a good opportunity to hone your off camber turns. But it got a lot more interesting and fun as the trail progressed and in the end I thought it was really cool. The little black sections were really challenging and I have to admit i was relieved to see the next blue arrow.

Nice because I can ride there from home and back and do the blue loop for a 70km ride, including the long section on the Beyers Naude footpath and through Boskruin. Not too much traffic to deal with along the way. I'll definitely be back, and I've signed up for the Equestra Spring classic as well. Nice one Richard!

• 4 weeks later...

We are busy with some new trail additions that will take us up to the 30km plus mark for the blue route. Phambili is coming on board with Avianto trails adding some amazing riding with fantastic scenery. Our staff started on the course last week and it will be part of our Eqstra Spring Classic route.

We are busy with some new trail additions that will take us up to the 30km plus mark for the blue route. Phambili is coming on board with Avianto trails adding some amazing riding with fantastic scenery. Our staff started on the course last week and it will be part of our Eqstra Spring Classic route.

Sweet. When can we expect the next 6 or 12 hour race

This is great news, now my backyard loop can go up to 80km. Thanks guys!!

Sweet. When can we expect the next 6 or 12 hour race

Already on the 24th of August, we have a 6hr, 12hr and a team relay, the Varsity College MTB Enduro, all details on www.ilumin8events.com

Already on the 24th of August, we have a 6hr, 12hr and a team relay, the Varsity College MTB Enduro, all details on www.ilumin8events.com

sweet. put it on the hub

• 1 month later...

Did the IFlex duathlon yesterday at Avianto - quite enjoyed the trails, and from a spectator point of view the route was really good. Made a nice change from our regular PTA rides at Rosemary Hill and Groenkloof.

A few questions - the clubhouse where we can buy the bands to ride in the week, is that in the same area where the duathlon started, or at the entrance to the Wedding Venue? Is there someone there during working hours so we can pop in quickly and buy?

What is the History behind Avianto? - curious because during the Duathlon route we rode over the remains of a tennis court, seemingly in the middle of nowhere, as well as a set of pretty narrow-gauge railway tracks. It seemed almost surreal to have the remains of something like a tennis court in the middle of a forest!

• 2 weeks later...

Did the IFlex duathlon yesterday at Avianto - quite enjoyed the trails, and from a spectator point of view the route was really good. Made a nice change from our regular PTA rides at Rosemary Hill and Groenkloof.

A few questions - the clubhouse where we can buy the bands to ride in the week, is that in the same area where the duathlon started, or at the entrance to the Wedding Venue? Is there someone there during working hours so we can pop in quickly and buy?

What is the History behind Avianto? - curious because during the Duathlon route we rode over the remains of a tennis court, seemingly in the middle of nowhere, as well as a set of pretty narrow-gauge railway tracks. It seemed almost surreal to have the remains of something like a tennis court in the middle of a forest!

I too would be interested in getting information on the history. Last year at the Gerber Mud Run that Richard organised we went through some ruins of what looked like it would've been quite a nice house in it's day.

I think I need to check out the Avianto trails sometime soon!

I too would be interested in getting information on the history. Last year at the Gerber Mud Run that Richard organised we went through some ruins of what looked like it would've been quite a nice house in it's day.

I think I need to check out the Avianto trails sometime soon!

Those ruins freaked me out at last years mud run but I think the history of the place must make for a really good story!!

Archived