Bondiblu photochromic sunglasses broken after single use

Ibicam

So here is my rant....

I have always used cheap sunglasses when cycling, but decided at the 94.7 expo to buy the Bondiblu photochromic sunglasses since the salesman did such a good pitch.

I used them for the road race and was perfectly happy with them. After the race, I placed them together with my gloves and Bryton in my helmet as usual and put them in my cupboard as I do after every use.

Anyway, I decided to do the Modders ride last week after having been doing some road runing the past few weeks. When I took out my helmet, the sunglasses came out in two pieces (see photo).

Now I know nobody would have removed the helmet from my cupboard and I know that everything was intact when I put them in my cupboard. So that leaves me with only one conclusion and that is the sunglasses have failed based on a production defect. The surface of the break is rough and not what I would expect from a forced break.

I paid cash at the expo and didn't get a slip. So the question is, what now?

Is it just shame on me and I throw them away? Did anyone else buy the same sunglasses at the expo and have a similar experience?

post-16673-0-81444700-1356178993_thumb.jpg

So here is my rant....

I have always used cheap sunglasses when cycling, but decided at the 94.7 expo to buy the Bondiblu photochromic sunglasses

So, what's your point? Bondiblu's are cheap...

So, what's your point? Bondiblu's are cheap...

Hahaha...my thoughts too, you get what you pay for, but when you buy cheap you sometimes get a lot less.

dont feel bad. Won this in a golf day. 1 month broke. They replaced it and 2 months down the line broke on the same spot. Waste. Free but not worth it.

post-30119-0-41714900-1356193246_thumb.jpg

Just checked partners sunnies. Also Bondi, also broke in same spot. I just used some superglue and that quickbond powder, works fine a few months on.

An informed opinion I suppose.

I have quite a few pairs of Bondiblu's. And yes, compared to my Rudy's, I consider them cheap. Not only in price, but in build and quality.