Cycling without a helmet in GroenKloof!!!!

Dragson

If someone recognises this guy please help him in explaining why he needs a helmet when cycling.

This is the second time we have seen him cycling without a helmet in Groenkloof.

He was cycling with his family.

If you want to cycle in GroenKloof and do not own a helmet or have forgotten yours at home please remember they do rent helmets there.post-2283-0-76766600-1357109438_thumb.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not?

No helmet, no ride.

From the Groenkloof website: Mountain bike trail: ± 20 km route. Helmets are compulsory. No helmet, no ride

Guest ctMTBer

I don't think we need to worry about other people not looking after their own safety.

To the OP, looks like you took a sneaky pic there. Not if you can just post that on the Internet without opening yourself to some lawsuit.

I wish people would worry about themselfs and stop looking at what others are doing.

No helmet, no ride.

From the Groenkloof website: Mountain bike trail: ± 20 km route. Helmets are compulsory. No helmet, no ride

But surely they have a liability clause somewhere?

If you want to be a smartass/dumbass and ride without a helmet you should suffer the consequences and have no one else to blame than yourself if you crack your egg open

Survival of the fittest..

Edited by Escapee..

Who cares... Leave the oke alone

His pip is clearly harder than all of ours, they grow them strong out there in Pretoria

Thats where the Bulle come from remember, heads of steel.... look at Bakkies

Guest ctMTBer

No helmet, no ride.

Clearly someone did allow him to ride?

I battle to get my 4 year old to wear her helmet !! So I show her that everybody else is wearing one until this Darwin award winner shows up !! So NO , don't leave him ask him to leave the park !

But surely they have a liability clause somewhere?

If you want to be a smartass/dumbass and ride without a helmet you should suffer the consequences and have no one else to blame than yourself if you crack your egg open

Survival of the fittest..

Does not matter, its part of the MTB-Bro Code - a MTB Bro should not ride without a shell regardless

I care what he does, because when he does fall over and crack his egg open, one of us is going to have to deal with him and his spilled grey matter (probably not a lot).

None of these muppets think about the implications that their actions have on others when it does go wrong.

Clearly someone did allow him to ride?

I've seen them stop people riding without helmets at the main trailhead before.

He is an idiot - if he falls and cracks his dop open, his family are the ones who get left behind and have to see his blood and brains all over the park.

Then poor Elias has too clean it all up - its unfair too everyone else.

He must use what's inside that thick skull and wear a helmet..

I care what he does, because when he does fall over and crack his egg open, one of us is going to have to deal with him and his spilled grey matter (probably not a lot).

None of these muppets think about the implications that their actions have on others when it does go wrong.

My dad always told me, "if you dont listen, you must feel"

He will feel soon enough

No helmet, no ride.

Those are mostly for legal reasons. If you crack your pip without wearing a lid, they can just point at the sign. If you crack your pip wearing a lid, they'll point you in the direction of the lid maker