Babbas lodge race sunday

Active Monkey

It's about as flat and fast as it can get. Racing starts already in the supposed neutral zone on the tar.

Sandy in places and some corners. Quite thorny so tubeless with sealant is advisable. Not sure if the route has changed but usually there are two small and very short steepish climbs that are a bit rocky so just power up them.

It can get very hot if you do the 70km ride as it's 2 laps so take enough liquids with you. They don't really have much more than sachets of water last time I rode it.

Be aware of fast guys passing you from the longer distance.

No clue how it compares.

Babbas is much easier than dirtmax. 2 laps of flat land with one small climb. If it's hot make sure you take water.

Fast. Non-technical (except for loose sand). Harder than meets the eye because there are no rest sections. The second "climb" is not really short (about 2k). Great time trial/ roadie type ride. Take water if warm. Be early - cyclists exit on the same road cars come in.

First time I been there and enjoyed it - comfortable riding with nothing overly technical. Will def go back - super to just go have fun and get out. Sand not as bad as I anticipated.

The track today was slightly worse than usual. The past rains seem to have damaged the trail somewhat, so expect an even easier track into the future.

Found it easy... Just hate the start bottleneck. Wish they would start with a climb to drop some slower riders down a bit.

Found it easy... Just hate the start bottleneck. Wish they would start with a climb to drop some slower riders down a bit.

What bottle neck ?? You got almost 2km of tar to get to the front . If you gonna stand at the back then expect to wait en even then it's easy to get back up to the lead group before the race start .

Where do we get results? Are they out yet? Just wondering.spectrumsport .Have done many 70k races .Wind and rain makes it interesting .Loose sand can catch you out .Nice race to start MTB racing ,single speeding ,getting the youngsters involved

Am I stupid because I don't find any results for this Sunday on the link?

Usually look under spectrumsport ,then look under francosport