Ironman 2013 - Who's gonna be there ?

Seeker911

One tip = make sure you eat on the bike! Makes a big difference on the run!

Good luck and welcome to your new addiction!

I'll be there. I second the eat on the bike tip, I used a anti-reflux pill to curb nausea (spelling) as you eat while basically lying on your stomach and it helped me a lot. I was sceptical as I don't like using meds while doing any events. Train with the supplements and food that will be available on the day.

Enjoy!!!!!

Hi,

I am in as well for this year , flights been booked and paid so too the accomodation, hope the weather is better than last year

I also entered.

Stolen quote I would like to use "Ironman is an eating and drinking contest with a little bit of cycling and running thrown in"

I also entered.

Stolen quote I would like to use "Ironman is an eating and drinking contest with a little bit of cycling and running thrown in"

LOL very true

Its also a little swim and cycle to get to the start line of the real race....

I really want to do it this year, but I am worried about not having time for the required training. I am doing my second 70.3 in Jan and the training is already a lot to manage between running my own business, spending time with wife and daughter etc. How much more training is needed to just complete IM compared to 70.3?

still awaiting approval from the missus... nearly got divorced last round , i never asked just announced , liefie..i entered Iron Man see you in 5 months

Good luck and welcome to your new addiction!

Hiya

How much and what do you take on the bike?

I then have a question for those that just focus on a 'finish' .

Is full IM achievable with, post 70.3 a 'dramtic increase in training'?

Thanks

Brent

P.s. You can more or less guage my fitness and idea by this posting (http://www.thehubsa....00#entry1899267)

Edited by bclark