Mugged on table mountain and robbed of mountain bike

Grumps

I was coming down from the block house at about 2pm and 2 black men jumped out of a bush and kicked me off my bike. 1 guy choked me while the other got hold of my bike and phone. They threatened to kill me but I managed to get away after a struggle. Please guys be on the lookout for any suspicious looking guys wanting to sell a mountain bike its a Scott Scale 60 and its grey/black/white. And also be safe out there and be vigilant when cycling. Try to cycle in groups and not alone.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please inform officials.

I regularly daily commute these mountains 75% alone.

I havent seen a ranger on the mountain since a month after they started patrolling...

Also it was last year round about this time muggins started picking up!

Edited by Meezo

Bleak dude, really sorry to hear about that.

How fast were you going? You could have been seriously hurt if you were flying?

Where exactly did it happen?

Glad you are ok. Please report it to the ranger station at Lions Head and the police. The mountain has been very busy with tourists and I would think most rangers are further up the trails.

Sorry to hear, Grumps.

An ambush.

You must've been shocked to be attacked.

Really glad you're okay to tell your story.

Tch!q

I have spoken to someone at Sanparks and they have been stretched thinly with all the activities on mountain. A report has to be lodged please with SAP and Sanparks so it is reflected on stats and identified as a hotspot. If its not reported its all heresay.

I have spoken to someone at Sanparks and they have been stretched thinly with all the activities on mountain. A report has to be lodged please with SAP and Sanparks so it is reflected on stats and identified as a hotspot. If its not reported its all heresay.

Thanks boet, have you done this now! please forward me details so i can notify them of any suspicions

Aargh, just told someone last week that the tide is turning and there hasn't been an incident for a while.

@Grumps, where exactly did they hide? I always feel uneasy going up there on my own, especially that first turn with the gate going towards Rhodes Memorial (i think).

please inform officials.

I regularly daily commute these mountains 75% alone.

I havent seen a ranger on the mountain since a month after they started patrolling...

Also it was last year round about this time muggins started picking up!

Hey, Meezo,

That's your playground.

Be safe and vigilant out there, man.

Thanks boet, have you done this now! please forward me details so i can notify them of any suspicions

I just spoke to one of guys that I deal with on regularly wrt rescues. Will contact him and ask for a office number for reporting incidents. Will pm you.

Hey, Meezo,

That's your playground.

Be safe and vigilant out there, man.

Thanks man,

I've been riding the mountain since i started riding MTB almost 2 years to be exact.... and to date have experience about 2-3 suspect looking guys.....

Confronting them first with a "HOSH" or "AWE", seems to have worked thus far, but if more than one of them they'll take me out!

Unless i KOM away! ph34r.png