No "Burry Gap" for JHB Cyclists

fastlegs

Motorists will complain about the TWO cyclists that happen to ride side by side, but overlook the 2000 other cyclists that hug the shoulder and don't bother them at all. They won't go onto News24 and IOL and write letters about those 2000 "good" cyclists. Mofos, all of them.

Like I said on there, for instance here in the Eastern Cape, cars will sit behind a donkey cart for as long as it takes, without hooting, and pass nice and wide when its safe. But God forbid a fat amazon in her Clio rolls up behind two bikes riding side by side, going FASTER and taking up LESS space than the donkey cart and she gets all pissy. WTF is wrong with people?!?

Yes but Mr Jerome says we cause accidents even though we not involved in the actual accident

That's ***. I have yet to hear of a cyclist causing CARS to hit each other (and not get killed themselves).

That's ***. I have yet to hear of a cyclist causing CARS to hit each other (and not get killed themselves).

Exactly they have no idea

+1.

I did however laugh at this comment:

They should simply outlaw all leisure/sport cyclists on the busy roads at certain times. Limit it to before 6AM. These cyclists hamper the flow of traffic. Other cyclists such as workers who can only travel by bicycle should be allowed.

We should also look at drug testing for cyclists. Many of them are on performance enhancing drugs and ride on expensive fast bicycles. They can easily come up on the side of your car without you even noticing them. These drugs can also lead to aggression and arrogance on the roads which leads to more risk taking.

Bicycles should also be made to have a number plate so that drivers can report bad cycling.

[/font][/color]

That had to have been written by some dumb school mommy in her X6 that can see stuffall anyway

Look, I jump traffic lights when I am in a big bunch. When I ride alone I stop. Because, I know that the logistics involved in getting 100 guys to stop on a dime and not getting someone's ZIPP Carbon up my buttcrack is nearly impossible.

NO cyclist is going to race across a busy intersection and cause havoc for traffic. Even in bunches when intersections are busy, the guys slow down allot and only roll over when safe to do so. If a car comes, the bunch splits in two to let the car come through and then the guys at the back just catch up again. For all intents and purposes, we are completely transparent on the road, not hindering motorists at all.

That had to have been written by some dumb school mommy in her X6 that can see stuffall anyway

Nah it was some guy alias Jerome - he had a couple of classics if you have the time to read them all

Look, I jump traffic lights when I am in a big bunch. When I ride alone I stop. Because, I know that the logistics involved in getting 100 guys to stop on a dime and not getting someone's ZIPP Carbon up my buttcrack is nearly impossible.

NO cyclist is going to race across a busy intersection and cause havoc for traffic. Even in bunches when intersections are busy, the guys slow down allot and only roll over when safe to do so. If a car comes, the bunch splits in two to let the car come through and then the guys at the back just catch up again. For all intents and purposes, we are completely transparent on the road, not hindering motorists at all.

Azonic that doesn't help the cause, if a single cyclist jumps a robot or a bunch jumps a robot, the latter is actually even worse even though there are logistics involved as you say, I don't mean to roast you, but if you cycle on a section where you know there are robots coming then you spread out and anticipate having to stop. All the motorists see is theres another bunch of arrogant cyclists breaking the law, and if they can do it so can we.

Its a culture change that needs to happen with cars and cyclists. And law's will need to be followed by both groups.