Right bike for epic is??

Sitting slip

Its going to be my first epic and would like to know if going on a hardtail is a slim idea?

Im looking at the giant comp duel and scott 930 to build ligther with my hardtail scott rc....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, it's obviously possible and you know it. You just don't want to be sitting in the epic thinking that your bike isn't good enough because the mind has a huge impact on the body... Otherwise, try improving your technical skills and ride your bike.

Many of the top riders still use hardtails in the Epic. As none of us are in that league, and the punishment your body will take after a few days in the saddle, perhaps a full suspension machine is the answer. But, your Scott RC, like most other carbon hardtails, has a bit of squish in the chainstays... It is a tough question when one thinks it through...

The right bike is the one you ride 4 times a week

The one you do all your suffering on.

The one you do all your races on.

The one that you smile at when you open your garage.

The one you take extra special care of when loading it up.

The one you thank for getting you to the finish when your legs gave up.

The one you want to buy an upgrade for - not cause it needs it - just because you love it that much.

The one with your butt imprint in the saddle.

that is the right bike for Epic!

The right bike is the one you ride 4 times a week

The one you do all your suffering on.

The one you do all your races on.

The one that you smile at when you open your garage.

The one you take extra special care of when loading it up.

The one you thank for getting you to the finish when your legs gave up.

The one you want to buy an upgrade for - not cause it needs it - just because you love it that much.

The one with your butt imprint in the saddle.

that is the right bike for Epic!

well for me its my rigid SS then...damn I love that bike.

Well - at least you have something to help your body recover after that hammering!!!

Sneaky russian...

But yea. They work a treat Vince....need some more soon + fuel, but will give you a buzz. To the peanut gallery, Vinnydabutcher is motoman...

Sneaky russian...

But yea. They work a treat Vince....need some more soon + fuel, but will give you a buzz. To the peanut gallery, Vinnydabutcher is motoman...

Should have checked him after last week Saturdays ride, we caught him jogging post ride. Makes you wonder what they've put in that -fuel.whistling.gif

I feel good on my hardtail for marathon rides ect. 3 day races will be ok but my gat get sore after 5 hours....and epic is 5 hours x 8 days....many semi and current pro's go dual. They must know something we dont then....