Idiots without helmets

Gumpie

Did a really awesome ride on the spruit this morning but something really got me upset.

I saw about 4 people cycling without helmets.

There was even one idiot without a helmet but had massive earphones on so he could not hear us wanting to pass.

I know the spruit is not technical but these guys are giving other cyclists a bad name.

I understand there are loads of new riders and what I like to call "new years resolutionists" but common people.

What's the protocol when you come across guys like this?

The problem is you cannot convince these people otherwise. I always believe that by being proactive and setting an example, I might actually influence somebody someday to also start wearing their shell.

Its sadly their choice, but it just more stupidity that seems to plague the sensible amongst us! Just like muppets riding two abreast on the busy roads and discarded Gu packets on the trail, there is no hope for change!

Oh, look. This thread yet again. Gee, I'm rather gonna go tell grumps that he better demand a blood sample, dental records, credit check and twelve references before he gives the dog back to it's owner.

You really get upset over this? I don't have time to get upset over everything I see people doing that I would do differently.

Also I seem to remember something about not judging others. I read it in a book somewhere I think.

Edited by HappyMartin

Oh, look. This thread yet again. Gee, I'm rather gonna go tell grumps that he better demand a blood sample, dental records, credit check and twelve references before he gives the dog back to it's owner.

what a bundle of joy you are on this lovely Saturday morning

TNT1 always is, 70% of the time

have you read what people are saying about the owner of the dog grumps found? Enough to make you want to crawl under the bed a weep softly.

And as for the OP on this abortion of a thread, you ask what the protocol is? It is wind your neck in and enjoy your ride. Let people be. FFS!

He is like that every morning, not just Saturday. I admire both his consistency and his absolute refusal to agree with anyone. The type of person to take on a long bicycle tour. If only he had a bicycle.

have you read what people are saying about the owner of the dog grumps found? Enough to make you want to crawl under the bed a weep softly.

And as for the OP on this abortion of a thread, you ask what the protocol is? It is wind your neck in and enjoy your ride. Let people be. FFS!

So when you come across these threads wind your neck in and move along

He is like that every morning, not just Saturday. I admire both his consistency and his absolute refusal to agree with anyone.

Ah, thanks.

He is like that every morning, not just Saturday. I admire both his consistency and his absolute refusal to agree with anyone. The type of person to take on a long bicycle tour. If only he had a bicycle.

TNT1 an idiot without a bicycle :ph34r:

Oh, look. This thread yet again. ......................

It's Groundhog Day, Bob. And tomorrow you're going to wake up to.........

Did a really awesome ride on the spruit this morning but something really got me upset.

I saw about 4 people cycling without helmets.

There was even one idiot without a helmet but had massive earphones on so he could not hear us wanting to pass.

I know the spruit is not technical but these guys are giving other cyclists a bad name.

I understand there are loads of new riders and what I like to call "new years resolutionists" but common people.

What's the protocol when you come across guys like this?

WGAF - seriously.