Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

Ok so i know its not exactly a "Bike" pic ....

But coming off Berg and Bush where the Marathon-style mentality of SA is plain to see when people are complaining about groomed singletrack being too difficult .....

I thought i'd just share this pic of Marco Fontana ... XCO racer! ... DESTROYING the rocks at Final Ligures Enduro.

There is a true MTB rider ... wish i could be like that and be as good at XC and then also slay the Enduro like a BOSS.

Nigel, the last Trucape MTB race ride I recall a few people bitching about how technical the ride was and one chap complaining to a PPA marshal that it was ridiculous and he had to walk most of the ride. :w00t:

This is such a great MTB race ride and it would be a real shame if riders hikers ruin or have the organiser dumb down the rides characteristics!

Whatever happened to the sense of adventure and exploration of nature and ones skill on a bike in the MTB world!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happened to the sense of adventure and exploration of nature and ones skill on a bike in the MTB world!

YEAH ... but anyway ... TOPIC HIJACK OVER!!! ...

THIS IS CONFIRMED AS THE MISSUS'S NEW ENDURO BIKE ... order was placed last week for the Frame

http://www.julianabicycles.com/bikes/furtado/primeiro/images/furtado-primeiro-3Q.jpg

Building it up with Full XT groupset, Hope hubs on Stans rims, and Rock Shox Revelation 140mm

Going to Christen it either in Lesotho on some big mountain trails, or at Dumbe Lodge on Retiefs Pass

Edited by nigelhicks

I would love to see those moaners do an enduro. They'll probably throw tantrums like 4year olds...... Something's not lekker with SA XC weekend riders.....

Everyone want's to do, or think they do, "Proper Mountain Biking", but to prepare yourself involves not just getting fit, which everyone does, but also practicing the technical stuff and building up skill and confidence.

On the B&B descent, there's the mineshaft and the moffieshaft chicken run. Nobody want's to take the chicken run, so people in front of us were walking down the mineshaft rather than riding the moffieshaft. I suppose the name didn't help!

beanz

A line and B line is just such better wording!

nigelhicks

Lucky Wife!

I agree on BOTH accounts there Hairy ...

hahaha

and just have to add one very UNLUCKY wallet in Nige's pocket!

Edited by nigelhicks

YEAH ... but anyway ... TOPIC HIJACK OVER!!! ...

THIS IS CONFIRMED AS THE MISSUS'S NEW ENDURO BIKE ... order was placed last week for the Frame

http://www.julianabicycles.com/bikes/furtado/primeiro/images/furtado-primeiro-3Q.jpg

Building it up with Full XT groupset, Hope hubs on Stans rims, and Rock Shox Revelation 140mm

Going to Christen it either in Lesotho on some big mountain trails, or at Dumbe Lodge on Retiefs Pass

damn your wife is lucky!

I will tell her the weekend if I see her again :)

damn your wife is lucky!

I will tell her the weekend if I see her again :)

We wont be at the Enduro this weekend unfortunately ... some inconsiderate mate of mine decided to have an away Wedding and we wont be back in time ....

Guest Omega Man

We wont be at the Enduro this weekend unfortunately ... some inconsiderate mate of mine decided to have an away Wedding and we wont be back in time ....

Dude how many weddings do you go to?

Dude how many weddings do you go to?

Enough! I can guarantee you ! .... this entire years regional series went out the window with my wedding, honeymoon and then other mates weddings ... I can tell you now ... this wont happen again! Baby crap, and birthdays ... i dont care .. racing first! .... :ph34r: :ph34r: ... (big talk now until the chains get slapped on and Nige gets dragged off kicking and screaming!)

Everyone want's to do, or think they do, "Proper Mountain Biking", but to prepare yourself involves not just getting fit, which everyone does, but also practicing the technical stuff and building up skill and confidence.

On the B&B descent, there's the mineshaft and the moffieshaft chicken run. Nobody want's to take the chicken run, so people in front of us were walking down the mineshaft rather than riding the moffieshaft. I suppose the name didn't help!

Haahaa. Hilarious name choice. Especially saying. "I went down the moffie shaft" is enough for me to do the mine shaft on a wagon wheelier blindfolded.

he's in that age group...

eish....got another pic today from a friend that's expecting.........

scary to think, I am like 4 steps (many years) behind

Or are they the ones falling behind.... :whistling:

Nah, man HA - you've still got MANY years ahead of you!

Vroom Vroom ..... http://www.pinkbike....e-clementz.html

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb10227308/p5pb10227308.jpg

A good weekend of enduro is one that you share with you friends and some nice trails. I think that enduro is a balance between physical and technical skill. I think the good balance is when a downhill guy and a cross country guy can race together, and they both have the chance to win. If just a cross-country guy can win, it's not an enduro. When just a downhill rider can win, it's just a longer downhill. So we have to find a balance between them, so both kinds of riders can battle together and be at approximately the same level.

This is my flipping HERO!!! Such a legend and what a gentleman.. That's his new custom bike.. moulded to fit his tiny frame - work that out?!

Little guy who ride bike and loves life!