Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://enduro-mtb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/bike-checks-094.jpg

I like these CANYON bikes allot, favorite bicycle manufacturer!

Een dag as ek groot is gaan ek 'n CANYON ry! :rolleyes:

I like these CANYON bikes allot, favorite bicycle manufacturer!

Een dag as ek groot is gaan ek 'n CANYON ry! :rolleyes:

Great value for money:

e.g. Canyon Strive AL 8.0 Race, 2799 EUR (R 37500) with pike fork, monarch plus rc3 shock, reverb stealth, and sram x01

Great value for money:

e.g. Canyon Strive AL 8.0 Race, 2799 EUR (R 37500) with pike fork, monarch plus rc3 shock, reverb stealth, and sram x01

Excluding warranty though.

http://enduro-mtb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/bike-checks-094.jpg

mmm... looks familiar (except the rear pivot, but that is very important part)

post-28006-0-63858600-1382119263_thumb.jpg

post-28006-0-35813000-1382119268_thumb.jpg

True, but at that price it's almost worth chancing it. Only viable if you're making a trip there anyway.

True, but at that price it's almost worth chancing it. Only viable if you're making a trip there anyway.

I'm looking for a handlebar with the same profile/shape as the one on this bike, my Merida has the normal flat bars on, how will I go about looking for this shape of handlebar?

I'm looking for a handlebar with the same profile/shape as the one on this bike, my Merida has the normal flat bars on, how will I go about looking for this shape of handlebar?

That is a Renthal bar. What you need to look for is a bar with a bit of a rise in it. Say 25mm.

http://www.bikes.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/models/altitude_770-msl-M.jpg?itok=uNVXLrkD

Thats my next bike!!! Just need to rob a bank first...

That is a Renthal bar. What you need to look for is a bar with a bit of a rise in it. Say 25mm.

Thanks Sliiick, I'll have a look when in town. At least now I know what to call the handlebar.

1. That is not a local frame.

2. It is an open mould frame(that means anyone can buy these bikes and put their own name on) from China, here is the link to the factory. http://www.apro-tek.com/product_detail.php?sID=1&Key=20

3. It comes in a push or pull shock variation, one should just say that in your order.

4. the bike was not designed by some "German" or "American" engineer. The designer is a Thaiwanese engineer, a friend of mine who is a engineer at a large bike company has met him.

5. I have ridden one of these, they are junk! the kinematics are all wrong. They flex like crazy and the geo is not well designed.

6. DON'T BELIEVE ALL THE BULLSH!T PEOPLE TELL YOU! Do some research and you won't be caught like an idiot plus you will save a good bit of cash! ps...the frames cost about 650USD including shipping.

Hope I could inform some people.