braailegend

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows why I do anything? :wacko:

(Seriously though, who?!)

. Haha! You can always take up moto if you're spare of some cash?? Haha. Seriously impressed with that pivot ! 155mm travel DW link. Blablabla. Pretty sure it would be the only one on the continent. ... ..?

What is your top 6? I like living vicariously through others when it comes to buying top end bikes!

. Haha! You can always take up moto if you're spare of some cash?? Haha. Seriously impressed with that pivot ! 155mm travel DW link. Blablabla. Pretty sure it would be the only one on the continent. ... ..?

What is your top 6? I like living vicariously through others when it comes to buying top end bikes!

I like it as well, cos sometimes I get to ride them!!!

hell yeah! Was well worth it! Just just beat headshot by like 13 seconds or something. Sick trails! The top sections of 1 and 2 were my favorite !

Nice! I sucked. Completely. Fat and unfit, and only a Monster for breakfast. Plus my rear lost 10psi on the first few metres of SS2 so the rest of the way down was interesting to say the least! Checked it on the pump when I got to the bottom - 15PSI!!

Nice! I sucked. Completely. Fat and unfit, and only a Monster for breakfast. Plus my rear lost 10psi on the first few metres of SS2 so the rest of the way down was interesting to say the least! Checked it on the pump when I got to the bottom - 15PSI!!

So I'm guessing that 900m ascent in 3km didn't do you any good? I detest waiting in queues so I made it up with the first 30. What were you riding? The easiest way to recognize people....

?? Are you looking for a new bike? Why not stick to DW link bikes? Or VPP??

It is called a perpetual bike project itch ... said to be contagious and can be picked up if you hang around bikes shops and trawl their workshop area. There is scientific evidence to prove that the guys wrenching on the bikes are where the virus stems from, something along the lines of chatting to them when they have new and fun bikes on the stand ... you look, you talk, you want or want something similar.

Known side effects are not owning bikes long enough to actually wear out the tread on the tyres, going into a sweat when there is talk of new bike development or someone does a great paint scheme, not being able to fall asleep at night planning the finite details of your next build for months and then making an impulsive decision and then "deviate" from your origional plans in your build.....

There is no known cure for the above and empty promises of the next build being the last one is less reliable than a crack head promising that this would be his/her last hit.

So I'm guessing that 900m ascent in 3km didn't do you any good? I detest waiting in queues so I made it up with the first 30. What were you riding? The easiest way to recognize people....

LOL. I checked strava - it was 480m in 4.5km. But in places more than 35% which is way more than my capabilities!

Silver Reign X, but you would have recognised me by my helmet. Bright pink. Black Dakine backpack.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

It is called a perpetual bike project itch ... said to be contagious and can be picked up if you hang around bikes shops and trawl their workshop area. There is scientific evidence to prove that the guys wrenching on the bikes are where the virus stems from, something along the lines of chatting to them when they have new and fun bikes on the stand ... you look, you talk, you want or want something similar.

Known side effects are not owning bikes long enough to actually wear out the tread on the tyres, going into a sweat when there is talk of new bike development or someone does a great paint scheme, not being able to fall asleep at night planning the finite details of your next build for months and then making an impulsive decision and then "deviate" from your origional plans in your build.....

There is no known cure for the above and empty promises of the next build being the last one is less reliable than a crack head promising that this would be his/her last hit.

I'm probably pretty un/lucky , the mechs in gardenroute don't know much. I have to tell them what's coming and they're used to me asking for items to source ... I need to start making more $$$$!!!!. :(

I'm probably pretty un/lucky , the mechs in gardenroute don't know much. I have to tell them what's coming and they're used to me asking for items to source ... I need to start making more $$$$!!!!. :(

easy fix. MOVE TO CT! You already ride all our Enduros, so it's an easy sell!

Oh and BTW - nice work on the climbing!

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

easy fix. MOVE TO CT! You already ride all our Enduros, so it's an easy sell!

Oh and BTW - nice work on the climbing!

Not thaat easy but the extra 15k my CPT colleagues get wouldn't hurt much....

I thought that ascent was away more than just 480m !! Sorry didn't see any pink helmets. Wouldn't mind riding all those trails you guys have!!

Best laugh of the enduro was one of the spez guys snapping his chain on a spez enduro (the same omega was testing) on the start of ss1 !! Spez enduro R90 000, snapping the chain on the first peddle. "Priceless". Hehe

Not thaat easy but the extra 15k my CPT colleagues get wouldn't hurt much....

I thought that ascent was away more than just 480m !! Sorry didn't see any pink helmets. Wouldn't mind riding all those trails you guys have!!

Best laugh of the enduro was one of the spez guys snapping his chain on a spez enduro (the same omega was testing) on the start of ss1 !! Spez enduro R90 000, snapping the chain on the first peddle. "Priceless". Hehe

BAHAHAHAHA!!! The one with the Ohlins shock? Saw that and I was drooling heavily...

Yeah - it felt a LOT steeper. But it wasn't, and it was actually not that bad from an average gradient perspective. 1:10 gradient, so 10% average. BUT - it was actually helluva tough. 45% in places.

BAHAHAHAHA!!! The one with the Ohlins shock? Saw that and I was drooling heavily...

Yeah - it felt a LOT steeper. But it wasn't, and it was actually not that bad from an average gradient perspective. 1:10 gradient, so 10% average. BUT - it was actually helluva tough. 45% in places.

it was the cane creek one! I tried not too laugh but other guys were almost crying with laughter!

it was the cane creek one! I tried not too laugh but other guys were almost crying with laughter!

LOOOOOL!

Just goes to show you, eh. May just have been that he hadn't lubed his chain in a while, or at all. Or maybe he just changes like a palookah and mashes the chain up all the time. Dunno. Maybe a bad quicklink, but still. That is lolworthy indeed.