Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

Guest Omega Man

Does anyone know if the Bergamont Threesome EX is available in SA and the pricing?? What's your thoughts on the bike?

There is a local agent. They'd probly have to order it for you. DAYUM NICE looking bike.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vroom Vroom ..... http://www.pinkbike....e-clementz.html

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb10227308/p5pb10227308.jpg

A good weekend of enduro is one that you share with you friends and some nice trails. I think that enduro is a balance between physical and technical skill. I think the good balance is when a downhill guy and a cross country guy can race together, and they both have the chance to win. If just a cross-country guy can win, it's not an enduro. When just a downhill rider can win, it's just a longer downhill. So we have to find a balance between them, so both kinds of riders can battle together and be at approximately the same level.

what a machine. This okes a legend. Wish all mountain bikers were this cool Edited by nigelhicks

beanz

A line and B line is just such better wording!

Agreed! Not my choice of wording. I'm sure B line would have had more takers.

Does anyone know if the Bergamont Threesome EX is available in SA and the pricing?? What's your thoughts on the bike?

The Tread guys are currently test riding a Threesome SL 7.3 which they wouldn't be doing if it wasn't available.

okay... so it looks like a 130mm 29er ???

If so then, if you can be the superenduro champion riding a 130mm 29er (shows you how freaking good mr ducci is) then I seriously need to reconsider looking at 150mm......

1393491_447850225325170_1268857318_n.jpg

Guest Omega Man

If so then, if you can be the superenduro champion riding a 130mm 29er (shows you how freaking good mr ducci is) then I seriously need to reconsider looking at 150mm......

These guys are the best in the world. Just cos it works for them doesn't mean it's going to work for you.

1393491_447850225325170_1268857318_n.jpg

120mm rear and he's running 140mm front.

These guys are the best in the world. Just cos it works for them doesn't mean it's going to work for you.

It will if it's an Ibis...

120mm rear and he's running 140mm front.

That is just about PYGA 29'er dually territory with a 140mm fork slapped up front

if the 130mm 650b is the new 150mm 26, does this mean the 130mm 29 is the new 170mm 26?

Pffft. As iiiiif!

Ha ha!

I'd say the equivalency ratio is around 10% for 650 and 20% for 29. So the 650 would be like a 140/145mm and the 29 would be like a 155mm 26r

And yet a 120 or 140 or 160mm travel fork or frameset no matter what the wheel configuration is still actually still a 120 or 140 or 160mm travel fork or frameset

And yet a 120 or 140 or 160mm travel fork or frameset no matter what the wheel configuration is still actually still a 120 or 140 or 160mm travel fork or frameset

Exactly! Far more important to bear in mind is the head angle and top tube and chainstay arrangement. Not to mention the wheelbase!