Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I am super late on this thread - but what would be the approximate all in price to bring a dual sus carbon 29er frame all the way china town?

The last price i got from Hongfu was $700 got them down to $600 if order 5+

I am also looking at bringing in two road frames. Looked at some websites but need some help on which ones you gentlemen has used and is reliable:

Dengfu

Hongfu

Aliexpress store 302275

I am also looking at bringing in two road frames. Looked at some websites but need some help on which ones you gentlemen has used and is reliable:

Dengfu

Hongfu

Aliexpress store 302275

Both dengfu and hongfu are reputable. In my personal experience, responses are much quicker, infact on a whole hongfu service better. I won't say dengfu is bad, just hongfu was better. Aliexpress store 302275, is flyxii, as is many of the stores of ebay and aliexpress. Send them a mail thru Aliexpress see who responds. I'm almost 100% sure it will be Amy from flyxii

Both dengfu and hongfu are reputable. In my personal experience, responses are much quicker, infact on a whole hongfu service better. I won't say dengfu is bad, just hongfu was better. Aliexpress store 302275, is flyxii, as is many of the stores of ebay and aliexpress. Send them a mail thru Aliexpress see who responds. I'm almost 100% sure it will be Amy from flyxii

Meezo, have you also dealt with Carbonspeedcycle, earlier mentioned, over a period of time ? Their 50mm Carbon tubbies with Novatec hubs, although not the lightest out there at just below 1500 g, seems a very good buy @ $ 385 with Free Shipping. I am very, very tempted !

Meezo, have you also dealt with Carbonspeedcycle, earlier mentioned, over a period of time ? Their 50mm Carbon tubbies with Novatec hubs, although not the lightest out there at just below 1500 g, seems a very good buy @ $ 385 with Free Shipping. I am very, very tempted !

The clinchers i ordered were 1580g with novatec hubs. The tubbies were 1380g with powerlight hubs. Ordered wheels about 2days later they supplied a tracking number, within 2 weeks the wheels were here.

The clinchers i ordered were 1580g with novatec hubs. The tubbies were 1380g with powerlight hubs. Ordered wheels about 2days later they supplied a tracking number, within 2 weeks the wheels were here.

And you are happy with them? I currently note that on their own website they only have 50mm Carbon with Novatec hubs and it is on these that they offer free shipping that seems to make it quite a bargain.

Via their eBay store they show the following:

2013 Ultra Light Wheels ( Powerway Hubs)

50mm Carbon Tubbies 1250g $ 437.75 after 15% discount & inclusive of calculated postage to SA.

50mm Carbon Clinchers 1390g $ 497.75 after 15% discount & inclusive of calculated postage to SA.

Standard weight ( Novatec Hubs)

50mm Carbon Tubbies 1430g $ 417.25 after 15% discount & inclusive of calculated postage to SA.

50mm Carbon Clinchers 1580g $ 459.75 after 15% discount & inclusive of calculated postage to SA.

Edited by Java001

And you are happy with them? I currently note that on their own website they only have 50mm Carbon with Novatec hubs and it is on these that they offer free shipping that seems to make it quite a bargain.

Via their eBay store they show the following:

2013 Ultra Light Wheels ( Powerway Hubs)

50mm Carbon Tubbies 1250g $ 437.75 after 15% discount & inclusive of calculated postage to SA.

50mm Carbon Clinchers 1390g $ 497.75 after 15% discount & inclusive of calculated postage to SA.

Standard weight ( Novatec Hubs)

50mm Carbon Tubbies 1430g $ 417.25 after 15% discount & inclusive of calculated postage to SA.

50mm Carbon Clinchers 1580g $ 459.75 after 15% discount & inclusive of calculated postage to SA.

Hmmm. Neither of the wheels were for me. Yes powerway hubs is what i meant. And i was under the impression the 1390g was the weight for the tubbies. I ordered both 50mm tubbies and clinchers incl shipping it was $870

@Meezo. Can you post a list possibly of frame models from hongfu and there comparison, like FM066 is a Cervelo R3?

@Meezo. Can you post a list possibly of frame models from hongfu and there comparison, like FM066 is a Cervelo R3?

Took a note of a list this which was on the thread but obviously got deleted. Someone did a spreadhseet which hopefully the can re-upload

Chinese Carbon Road Bikes

Scott Foil - ICAN AC053

S-Works Venge - FM099 a bit of FM098

Trek Madone - FM028

Pinarelo Dogma - HF13F12, although there are many more models out

Cervelo R5 - FM015 and MT055

BMC - http://feelbicycle.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-218383182/BMC_frame.html

I dealt with Aliexpress shop no 803984 and never waited more than a couple of hours for a response on emails. Frame looks stunning and only the seatpost clamp they gave as a freeby looks a bit iffy

@Morwa had a list of these, will try to get it from him

Thanks Meezo. Just got this back from Nancy at Hongfu.

FM069+fork+seatpost:$730

FM066-Sl+FK007-SL+SP006:$630(now have a discount)

FM139+Fork+seatpost:$535.

Ex pnp.

Edited by Cippo