• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their price is not to shabby either. I would prefer a wider rim though

I def want a wider rim too...

Not available (yet)

Been away a few days, come back and everything is missing / messed up. what happened? was it the Tornado?

Some say TNT1 exploded... And that he took 60% of thehubsa down with him. All we know is, we back up and running (riding) :blink:

Correct me if I am wrong:

To build a hardtail mountain bike all Carbon with decent components should cost around R30K -R35K and full suspension about R35K - R40K

Hardtail weighing in at +-9kgs and full suspension +-10.5kgs

Correct me if I am wrong:

To build a hardtail mountain bike all Carbon with decent components should cost around R30K -R35K and full suspension about R35K - R40K

Hardtail weighing in at +-9kgs and full suspension +-10.5kgs

Less than than that

Lets look at how

Frame: 7000 for booth incl post and bars and headset

Fork: Reba special at cwc: 3500

Groupset: XT special at cwc: 6750

Wheels(4000) + tyres(1000): 5000 https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/49248-ztr-crest-29er-wheelset-new-free-tyres/

Odds and ends(pedals, grips, cables): 1000

Grand total: 23350...lets round it up to 24000 just to build in a little fat for something here and there

Sure you can shoot the lights out with XTR groupo or fancier wheels or components. But I reckon this is the best price point vs value vs weight choice

Edited by rouxtjie

The FR202 builds above :

1. Full SLX 2x10, Fox F32 29 Fork, Fulcrum Red Metal SL wheelset, Ritchey seatpost and stem, bontrager Handlebar = R16000(rounded, was just under)

2. Full XT 2x10, SID 2013 w/r, XT Wheelset, Ritchey handlebar stem and seatpost = R21000(rounded)

Like rouxtjie states if you want to get XX or XTR it will bump the price up.... both owners extremely happy with their builds

Hmmm.....

I have been qouted 504-40 dollars for 2 rims incl shipping costs. That is about the same price as a complete wheelset that Meezo imported. Factor in your spokes, hubs and wheelbuild and you are looking at a different price range, but then you have a costume build wheelset according to your requirements and taste.

I have been qouted 504-40 dollars for 2 rims incl shipping costs. That is about the same price as a complete wheelset that Meezo imported. Factor in your spokes, hubs and wheelbuild and you are looking at a different price range, but then you have a costume build wheelset according to your requirements and taste.

Which is perfect. Its not gonna be the cheapest option, no. Build like you said ed zakery how you want it. Contemplating doing this for a mtb wheelset!

Some say TNT1 exploded... And that he took 60% of thehubsa down with him. All we know is, we back up and running (riding) :blink:

What happened to all the info in the 'most useful thread on the hub in years' aka this one. that is too much good knowlegde to have just disappeared.

We'll have to add and build on it.

I'll start.

Flyxii responded on a general weight limit on their frames and wheels

100kgs.

Still awaiting on dengfu and hongfu