Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

So I got a quote from Dengfu the other day. This is the email I got:

Dear lyle

Thanks for your kindly inquiry

Price for FM011 54cm is $425, frame/fork/seatpost included.black matt will need add $45

fit for headset need $14

38x21mm clincher wheels is $351, skewers and bake pads included, which is novatec hub A291S/F482S compatible with shimano body 11 speed, CN494 spokes and nipple

Costs shipping to south africa is $185 by EMS for the frame, and $145 for the wheels

Look forward to hearing from you

Best wishes

Wendy

Is this all standard, quite expensive for shipping isn't it? And in rand terms what other costs am I looking at when they land here?

Speak to the peeps @ flyxii..see what they're going to quote you. $330 for shipping is CRAZY!!!!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need some advice. Im in the market for some new hoops. I have browsed the flyxii website and have a few questions. I want the 50mm clinchers. Can anyone advise on which code to purchase. Thanks in advance

Those are Cinelli Ram bars from China. Very nice and very cool. I have a similar set. You just wrap your bar tape up past the levers to the corners. About a centimetre or more away from the "R" on the word Rammer. No bar tape on the main top cross sections. Very comfortable.

Thanks for the info. That makes sense.

I need some advice. Im in the market for some new hoops. I have browsed the flyxii website and have a few questions. I want the 50mm clinchers. Can anyone advise on which code to purchase. Thanks in advance

PM DragoRosso :thumbup:

Hey man,

Simply Go to the site, and choose the set you like. The code will be a flx-*** something, below the thumbnail pics.

Otherwise, just email the guys, contact details under contact tab, and ask them for: depth, width, and finish. I purchased two sets of the 25mm wide rims and they are awesome, in matt UD finish. Shape is exactly the same as the latest zipps, just without the dimples. The rims come with basalt braking surface which is suppose to aid braking. Mine have felt perfect. Novatec hubs are great, but the free body seems a tad on te soft side, but spares are available locally, I think naas from evobikes is the man to speak to should you need some help.

Just a hint, ask for discount and order a few sets of the brake pads wih your wheels, they're super cheap from them and good to have extras.

Also, take them to a decent wheelbuilder once they arrive. I took mine to Anton at summit, AKA wyatt Earp here on the hub. The tensioning and dishing was out. May have been from shipping. But worth the 200 bucks or so to make sure they're properly sorted. The peace I mind is great.

At 100kgs, my wheels have held up great, as I use the 60mm for races and the 38s for hilly races and training wheels. They're stiff, light, and hold up under my weight. They also look ******* badass.

Insurance had no problem insuring them either.

Hey China shoppers. I've ordered some wheels and cycling kit. How do I track the parcels once they've left china to see if and where they are in SA...?

Hey China shoppers. I've ordered some wheels and cycling kit. How do I track the parcels once they've left china to see if and where they are in SA...?

When was your parcel posted? Should be in the country within 7 days. You can track it with the EMS no.

They were sent on thurs and fri last week. Put the tracking numbers into the EMS site and they show as 'on route'. Just wondered if those same tracking numbers will be valid once the goods are in SA, and of not, how I'll get local tracking info.

Yo

If someone asks what is in the box when fetching it say wheels, not clothes. Clothes has a mad import duty.

They were sent on thurs and fri last week. Put the tracking numbers into the EMS site and they show as 'on route'. Just wondered if those same tracking numbers will be valid once the goods are in SA, and of not, how I'll get local tracking info.

Shows on route until it enters the country and they scan it through customs and then in "transit" here until it reaches its destination

Follow internationally by tracking here http://www.17track.net/index_en.shtml

Once in the country, enter your international tracking number here http://www.trackmyparcel.co.za/

It will then give you the local tracking number as well as where it is in the system. You can then use either number to follow its progress

Yo

If someone asks what is in the box when fetching it say wheels, not clothes. Clothes has a mad import duty.

It's 2 separate shipments. I factored in a chance there'll be up to 40% duties on the kit. Still much cheaper than local.

Follow internationally by tracking here http://www.17track.net/index_en.shtml

Once in the country, enter your international tracking number here http://www.trackmyparcel.co.za/

It will then give you the local tracking number as well as where it is in the system. You can then use either number to follow its progress

Thank you, this is what I was looking for. I knew it was buried somewhere in this thread, just had no inclination or time to read thru every page.

Thank you, this is what I was looking for. I knew it was buried somewhere in this thread, just had no inclination or time to read thru every page.

bookmark the pages for future purchases :thumbup: