Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Guys

For MTB:

whats the difference between 3K, 12K and UD?

Whats everyone going for now, BSA or BB30 BB?

G

Give us some details

- Did you go with 3K,12K,UD

- Add a colour to the frame

keen to see it!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys

For MTB:

whats the difference between 3K, 12K and UD?

Whats everyone going for now, BSA or BB30 BB?

G

That is the cosmetic layer of carbon on the top of the frame....I like UD some like 3K and some 12K...doesn't really matter ito frame strength

I like bsa cause its a piece of tekkie to service and maintain....apparently not as stiff as BB30...choose your poison

I will try and find the spreadsheet wrt the geo's and copies off certain bikes...

I know the carbonality GAEA is the closest Santa Cruz highball.

So I'm working my way through the 70 pages atm,

Anything like the below available for the MTB's ?

G

I have attached some lists that were done, but not sure if was the latest.

Gives the geometry of the most common Chinese frames, and also another for the named brands

There maybe an updated lists as you work through the pages.

CarbonFrame_Rev6_Chinese.pdf

CarbonFrame_Rev6_Branded.pdf

Edited by shaper

Hi Roxtjie

ok, I'm at page 56, will keep on reading.

I'm looking at one of the following, like the look, for these designs will be looking at a 15.5 inch frame, I'm a shortly.

Might pop you a pm for some questions. ;)

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1405908687/2014_Newest_12x142_thru_axle_29er.html

or

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1405906601/2014_Newest_12x142_thru_axle_29er.html

I've been told to also ask for a head set, so will do that.

So either a UD or 3K finish.

I don't have any parts, so no old components to move over, so in the dark between a BSA and a BB30 BB.

G

yea it was posted earlier in the thread....which bike do you fancy

@awesome

I would start with a bike you like the geometry off....Stumpy, Scale, Highball etc and then go and match it with the frame from china....

Hi Rouxtjie

I"m keen on a

Trek (Superfly) [looking very similar to the frames I've listed/looked at so far] ,

Scott (Scale 900) or a

Momsen (SL929) copy...,

This will happen next year, just starting the research now, getting to know whats out there.

Some of my thinking,

29er

HT

Tapered Head

142x12

Internal Cabling

BB30?

3K Finish

G

@awesome

I would start with a bike you like the geometry off....Stumpy, Scale, Highball etc and then go and match it with the frame from china....

Awesome G, if u like the Momsen, look at the FM056 like Meezo's. That's my fave. And do yourself a fave and go BSA for a no nonsense, easy to maintain, easy to service BB. Good enough for Santa Cruz Bikes, good enough for me. At your level (and mine), the 'apparent' added stiffness of a BB30 isn't something we'd notice a difference in.

Edited by MTBaaisikilist

Hi MTB

The FM056 you mentioning, you agree, this is it.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1011747488/12x142_thru_axle_29er_carbon_mtb.html

I promise I will go and do the reading, but whats the short version re the difference between BSA and BB30,

G

Awesome G, if u like the Momsen, look at the FM056 like Meezo's. That's my fave. And do yourself a fave and go BSA for a no nonsense, easy to maintain, easy to service BB. Good enough for Santa Cruz Bikes, good enougj for me. At your level (and mine), the 'apparent' added stiffness of a BB30 isn't something we'd notice a difference in.

Awesome G, if u like the Momsen, look at the FM056 like Meezo's. That's my fave. And do yourself a fave and go BSA for a no nonsense, easy to maintain, easy to service BB. Good enough for Santa Cruz Bikes, good enough for me. At your level (and mine), the 'apparent' added stiffness of a BB30 isn't something we'd notice a difference in.

Hi MTB

The FM056 you mentioning, you agree, this is it.

http://www.alibaba.c...carbon_mtb.html

I promise I will go and do the reading, but whats the short version re the difference between BSA and BB30,

G

yes i have the FM056, well currently on loan to a close mate of mine.

FM056 and FM057 are Ed Zakery the same, bearing its rear axle FM056 has qr, FM057 TA.

As for geometry i read on the mtbr its a bit in between of race and relax feel, but this was judged on head tube angle, to be honest means jack to me.

I'm 1690mm tall and currently on the 15.5"

http://hongfu-bikes.en.alibaba.com/product/542751367-213714289/HF_FM056_29_mtb_carbon_frame.html

above gives you nice idea of the comestics on finish UD vs 3k vs 12k

i went with UD.

Hi Meezo

Thanks for the info. we seem to be 1cm dif so that puts that sizing at rest.

So the FM056 and 057 maps to the Momsen's. :)

page 30, couple more to go ;)

G

yes i have the FM056, well currently on loan to a close mate of mine.

FM056 and FM057 are Ed Zakery the same, bearing its rear axle FM056 has qr, FM057 TA.

As for geometry i read on the mtbr its a bit in between of race and relax feel, but this was judged on head tube angle, to be honest means jack to me.

I'm 1690mm tall and currently on the 15.5"

http://hongfu-bikes....rbon_frame.html

above gives you nice idea of the comestics on finish UD vs 3k vs 12k

i went with UD.