Ekurhuleni 5150 African Championship

krl747

The news of BSG pulling out of the the end of year tri series was sad. Then I get all exited about the sms I receive about the new 5150 in JHB, only to see that it's Germiston.

Who will be doing it? When last did you swim in the Lake? How are the conditions?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

changes with the seasons, so there's no way to say how it will be at this point in time

wouldn't worry about it, i guess there's a 5% chance that that they will make it a duathlon if the water quality is bad. same can happen at 70.3 if the ocean is too rough

changes with the seasons, so there's no way to say how it will be at this point in time

wouldn't worry about it, i guess there's a 5% chance that that they will make it a duathlon if the water quality is bad. same can happen at 70.3 if the ocean is too rough

Actually referring to water quality? I know Garfield always says its a bit sif

I've heard it's a bit rancid this water. I'd be there like a bear if i knew for sure. Problem is, The Soweto Marathon is the same day i think, so if the water's k~k, I'd rather do the run. Any hubbers care to do regular swims there and report back on the state of their digestive system in the days following the swims?

Why not the Vaal or Buffels for such an event? There must be a couple of options?

guys there is a good reason the BSG series moved away from Germiston! without water test results being made public you wont see me near that lake

Start training now in the dam and get your body used to the ecoli.

Sadly too far to go for a olympic distance tri for me, but it would be great to see a national 5150 series.

R800 not bad value for something organised by these chaps

Start training now in the dam and get your body used to the ecoli.

Sadly too far to go for a olympic distance tri for me, but it would be great to see a national 5150 series.

R800 not bad value for something organised by these chaps

Totally agree, we want better venues!!!!!! I will drive and pay, not a problem

Actually referring to water quality? I know Garfield always says its a bit sif

i was referring to the water quality...

if it doesn't comply to the acceptable standard, they will revert to a duathlon. It has happened once in 8 tri's that i've done at germiston that the water was siff, but the other 7 times it wasnt too bad

• 5 months later...

So there is a lot of angst going on in the IM topic, lets get some positive spirit going for the 5150 in just over a week..

Who all is going to be doing it?

I will be there....confirmed :D

Sweet - looking forward to it..

Haven't done a triathlon since I was in highschool - last one I did was at Verwoerdburg Lake - I got super sick after the last one - they closed the lake to swimming after that race, it was the last one they ever did there...

• 1 year later...

Tried entering my first ever tri yesterday unfortunately it's the last one in Gauteng for the year and entries are closed.

Any way that I can use another entry of someone that can't make it?

Tried entering my first ever tri yesterday unfortunately it's the last one in Gauteng for the year and entries are closed.

Any way that I can use another entry of someone that can't make it?

The organizers are very strict against substitution .... Can lose the ability to enter any iron man event

• 3 months later...

Did anyone do this event last year?

Can't find any race reports?

How was the water quality?

What time of the year does it happen?

Can anyone enter?

Archived