Bayern-Rundfahrt: Ciolek second in photo finish behind Impey

Matt

It couldn't have been closer or more exciting end to the second stage of the International Bayern Rundfahrt (May 22-26 / UCI 2.HC). Milan-San Remo winner Gerald Ciolek of Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung was beaten into second place by South African Daryl Impey (Orica-GreenEdge) in a photo-finish. Third on the difficult Queen Stage over 199.6 kilometers was Adriano Malori (Lampre Merida). The result for Africa’s first Professional Continental team comes after Ciolek’s fourth place on the opening stage yesterday.

Click here to view the article

for once that silly helmet might have done the trick there......great result for Darryl.

I read the article last night and could for the life of me not understand why Ciolek's second place took preference over the victory by our very own awesome saffer racing over the seas?

A German in an African/South-African team should surely not take preference over our own rider...

BLOODY WELL DONE DARYL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great victory and performance for Daryl! However, the global importance of the race cannot be that great when the official site doesn't even have an English version.

good point... why is he wearing a skateboard helmet.... Nice job though...

Those silly skateboard helmets are becoming more and more popular among the fast men.

Just a matter of time before we see many cruising with them to the coffee shop on a Sunday morning. LOL