Anyone know why Meat smelled like off Mielie Pap

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put a steak in front of me, I will show you instinct

Yes, but it will be cooked. If I was stick a big chunk of bloody meat in front of you, are you still going to want to eat it raw? You don't see a cow or other animal and think I need to chase that down and rip into its raw flesh, or do you?

Just to make it clear, I eat meat ;)

Facebook....Need I say more...

Read the article, enlighten yourself. The fact its on Facebook is irrelevant If that was the case then all articles/ stories on Facebook must be a load of bollocks? Edited by SkinnySweatyMan

Yes, but it will be cooked. If I was stick a big chunk of bloody meat in front of you, are you still going to want to eat it raw? You don't see a cow or other animal and think I need to chase that down and rip into its raw flesh, or do you?

No, because we evolved to cook our food.

Read the article, enlighten yourself. The fact its on Facebook is irrelevant If that was the case then all articles/ stories on Facebook must be a load of bollocks?

I read it. It is someone's opinion.

No, because we evolved to cook our food.

But our bodies haven't, our mindset changed.

Just to make it clear, I eat meat ;)

This is going to sound wrong but I actually love the taste of raw red meat(that intense iron taste on your pallet)....Eat all my steaks medium rare, biltong the wetter the better, always nip a piece of raw wors when I braai and love raw sosaties. But that is just me.

Just on the ripping flesh from a moving cow comment, no I don't but neither does a baboon(omnivore) but every now and again they get lus for meat and catch a small baby impala(I have seen this in the kruger)...most of the time the impala and baboons stay together. We are definitely programmed to eat meat sometimes and its healthy, without a doubt....

Disagree, we have defnitely evolved to cook meat...or at least process it in such way that its palatable and safe. think biltong, dried fish. Cooking or processing meat hasn't suddenly been invented in the 1900's it has been around a while.

My argument on the vegetarians out there(No issue with them, more meat for me njom njom njom), they always need to supplement their diets with some sort of protein, minerals and iron to make their bodies function correctly, why do they need to do this, because it is unnatural...we are supposed to eat meat as a specie. End van prent

Corn is the devil not meat

Edited by rouxtjie

This is going to sound wrong but I actually love the taste of raw red meat(that intense iron taste on your pallet)....Eat all my steaks medium rare, biltong the wetter the better, always nip a piece of raw wors when I braai and love raw sosaties. But that is just me.

Just on the ripping flesh from a moving cow comment, no I don't but neither does a baboon(omnivore) but every now and again they get lus for meat and catch a small baby impala(I have seen this in the kruger)...most of the time the impala and baboons stay together. We are definitely programmed to eat meat sometimes and its healthy, without a doubt....

It is healthy, and it is good to eat in very, very small amounts. I won't disagree with that. Our bodies have still not evolved to process meat properly, that is fact.

I like raw bacon.

Disagree, we have defnitely evolved to cook meat...or at least process it in such way that its palatable and safe. think biltong, dried fish. Cooking or processing meat hasn't suddenly been invented in the 1900's it has been around a while.

My argument on the vegetarians out there(No issue with them, more meat for me njom njom njom), they always need to supplement their diets with some sort of protein, minerals and iron to make their bodies function correctly, why do they need to do this, because it is unnatural...we are supposed to eat meat as a specie. End van prent

Corn is the devil not meat

I could sit around a braai with you with some huge T-Bones over the coals :D

Off course our bodies evolved to eat meat. Our huge brain size compared to other hominids are a direct result of the change in our diet due to the nutrient dense animal protein source. We developed along a total different path to true carnivores like the cats and wolves, so to say that we are not supposed to eat meat because we do not have true canines is bullocks. Edited by Sniffie

Humans are omnivores. Grade 2, second term.

Or to put it blunt, we are scavengers. Through the eons we learned to make do with anything that is edible. Just have a look at some of our cousins in the game parks. Baboons just love to look for titbits in our rubbish etc. Chimps sometimes attack their rival tribes and eat them.

It is healthy, and it is good to eat in very, very small amounts. I won't disagree with that. Our bodies have still not evolved to process meat properly, that is fact.

Yes we not supposed to eat stupid amounts of meat so we agree on that. The main evolution culprit is that we were hunter gatherers not so long ago, yet we don't do that anymore, we sit in front of pc's for 9 hours at work, drive home and then go to bed...yet our food intake stayed the same. The amount of calories we consume vs the amount we burn isn't balanced anymore. I sticking with my guns, we are suppose the eat meat...