Anyone know why Meat smelled like off Mielie Pap

Who said we are suffering ill effects from eating meat? The ill effects suffered by modern humans are caused by a diet rich in processed carbs. I will give you just one example; The Inuit people of Alaska eat a diet that is 80% saturated fat and 20% protein, with only trace amounts of carbs. (Not a lot of green stuff around when the ground is covered in snow all year) They don't only survive but they thrive on this diet. The lean parts of the walrus carcasses are fed to their dogs. They go for the big pieces of brown fat that they mix with the lean bison meat. This is eaten raw. They are so healthy that there is no recorded cases of modern life style diseases like cardiovascular disease or diabetes. They also don't get scurvy at all as the walrus fat and bison meat provide them with ample vitamins and minerals. The only time of year they get sick is in spring when their stash of walrus fat and bison meat mix are finished and they are forced to live from snow rabbits. The meat is lean and do not offer any vitamins. Then they have scurvy symptoms. Do yourself a favour and google rabbit poisoning, very interesting.

The life expectancy of an Inuit people is about 65 only?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, scientific fact: Of the 3 food sources in the human diet, carbohydrates, protein and fat only carbohydrates are non essential. You can't live without protein or fat but you can thrive on a diet without any carbs at all.

By the way, scientific fact: Of the 3 food sources in the human diet, carbohydrates, protein and fat only carbohydrates are non essential. You can't live without protein or fat but you can thrive on a diet without any carbs at all.

I have lost 14,5 kg so fa on a protein based diet. I still do say it was a freshly baked bread and NOT a pot of lentil soup.

ahhh but lets level the playing field, give them modern hospitals and drugs and see how well they do then. Once again, modern man is his own worst enemy

Not sure what you base this on, but does their extreme conditions not have a role to play. Is this the figure for "domesticated" Inuits as well?

Edited by Big H*

ahhh but lets level the playing field, give them modern hospitals and drugs and see how well they do then. Once again, modern man is his own worst enemy

Polar bears.

Probably get eaten by polar bears.

Please read the link I supplied, then we can talk?

Polar bears.

Probably get eaten by polar bears.

Sneaky blixems those, all cute and cuddly....and then booooom...you are dinner. Never try to cuddle them, they hate it

All the facebook research aside...

bottomline, why can I extract nutrients from meat if I am supposedly designed not to be able to.

Bought stewing beef from PnP the other day and experienced something odd.

Soon after the steak was searing a stink that reminded me of mielie pap overpowered me.

Is this if the cattle are reared on mielie pap? Do some shops inject mielie pap into solid cuts of meat?

It's not the first time I've smelled a slight whiff of mielie pap from meat, but this time was the worst by far and I ended up giving it away as it was too strong for me to handle.

Probably a GM steak :)

Not sure but I would not argue with you. Fact is they live in a harsh climate and the possibility of being gored by an angry bison or falling overboard during a hunt at sea must be very real. Much safer running across the street to Woolies.(even in SA :w00t: )

Fact is if they survive till 65 it will be very healthy years and I suppose then they would not be actively involved in hunting the dangerous animals anymore. Since they don't have to fear lifestyle sicknesses I see no reason why they wont reach 90 or even 100. Their healthy diet are providing them with everything they need and they live in a relative pollution free environmennt.

I did. Please read: "Why we get fat." by world renowned expert Gary Taubes, and "The Paleo diet" by Loren Cordain. PhD. Full of scientifically proven facts, not facebook mumbo jumbo. Then we can have a meaningful talk? Edited by Sniffie

It is healthy, and it is good to eat in very, very small amounts. I won't disagree with that. Our bodies have still not evolved to process meat properly, that is fact.

Which makes us omnivores.

I did. Please read: "Why we get fat." by world renowned expert Gary Taubes, and "The Paleo diet" by Loren Cordain. PhD. Full of scientifically proven facts, not facebook mumbo jumbo. Then we can have a meaningful talk?

I did. Please read: "Why we get fat." by world renowned expert Gary Taubes, and "The Paleo diet" by Loren Cordain. PhD. Full of scientifically proven facts, not facebook mumbo jumbo. Then we can have a meaningful talk?

Next minute you will tell me that GMO's are safe