Santa cruz highball, aluminium frame.

Hairy

Hi all

Do any of you have experience with this frame at all, and if so what can you tell me, and hopefully you could also compare this to other 29er HT that you might have ridden.

H

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging from reviews the Yeti Big Top seems to be one of the best aluminium hardtails.

Don't expect the SC frame to be more "special" than other frames. It is mass produced in Taiwan, and the geometry is pretty much similar to other brands.

Thanks BF, what I like about the SC its that it can run ss and gears, a 100-12mm fork and seems to have a nimble charactiristic based on media reports.

If I go this route the bike will end up being my only bike and would be built tough with a 120mm Reba, flows laced to Superstar hubs and most likely 2.25" ardents again.....so she had better be able to hit a technical trail as hard as she can hit the climbs.

So the Shova and the On One would have to find new caring homes, meaning that if I do this it had better be for a bike that knows what all I am giving up in order to own it.

Thanks BF, what I like about the SC its that it can run ss and gears, a 100-12mm fork and seems to have a nimble charactiristic based on media reports.

If I go this route the bike will end up being my only bike and would be built tough with a 120mm Reba, flows laced to Superstar hubs and most likely 2.25" ardents again.....so she had better be able to hit a technical trail as hard as she can hit the climbs.

So the Shova and the On One would have to find new caring homes, meaning that if I do this it had better be for a bike that knows what all I am giving up in order to own it.

Ahhh, so you're looking for a do it all kind of bike?

You already have a Shova mate, you won't get a better do it all bike than that. Unless you have an itch.

Would without a doubt go for this http://www.fortheriders.com.au/niner-emd9-2012-frame

Hairy - if you're insisting on going hardtail, why not a Cotic BFE with a 120-150mm Revelation?

Hi all

Do any of you have experience with this frame at all, and if so what can you tell me, and hopefully you could also compare this to other 29er HT that you might have ridden.

H

I ride the highball carbon. Its an awesome frame! The steering is super accurate and I am able to flick it around on the singles quiet easily. The frame feels and is probably very robust! My previous bike was a giant anthem dual sus and I basically transferred all components onto the SC - I still can't believe the difference!

Anybody that thinks a SC is just and ordinary frame is making a beeeeg mistake.

I love this frame!

FYI - I am not saying this to justify the money that I spent on the SC highball. I had a opportunity to swop the giant anthem dual sus frame for the highball, which I did and don't regret!

You are more than welcome to take my emd9 for a spin in jonkershoek or g-spot.

I would seriously look at the Cotic BFe.

If you're after bigger wheels the Cotic Solaris (steel frame goodness) can run a 120mm fork. Or what about a PYGA Zero (if you can find one...)?

I would seriously look at the Cotic BFe.

If you're after bigger wheels the Cotic Solaris (steel frame goodness) can run a 120mm fork. Or what about a PYGA Zero (if you can find one...)?

I beat you to it... :)