Santa cruz highball, aluminium frame.

Hairy

Ping Swift01, he has a new Highball frame he just built up....

Yeah just moved from a 26inch HT to the highball carbon. Awesome bike. So far it has recorded faster times in a lot of single track than my previous bike. Just feels comfortable and natural straight out the box. Have not adjusted anything on it from the first ride which is unusual... Can't go wrong with them i reckon

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah just moved from a 26inch HT to the highball carbon. Awesome bike. So far it has recorded faster times in a lot of single track than my previous bike. Just feels comfortable and natural straight out the box. Have not adjusted anything on it from the first ride which is unusual... Can't go wrong with them i reckon

yea, looking at your monster stats, you were faster than last year....viva highball, vivaaaaa

• 2 months later...

Late Post!

I have had my alluminium Highball since last november and I think its great. I switched from a scott Aspect 26 so it was a big step up but I felt more comfortable than on the other 29er's I tried. I bought it second hand from a a guy on the hub who built it while living in the US. I have read that the frames are a bit stiff and not idal for marathons and stage racing and because that is what I prefer I am wondering whether I should get a tallboy or something similar. The problem for me is that it is a custom purple factory spray job and very unique so I am going to have to justify having two bikes as I don't think I could sell it.

Late Post!

I have had my alluminium Highball since last november and I think its great. I switched from a scott Aspect 26 so it was a big step up but I felt more comfortable than on the other 29er's I tried. I bought it second hand from a a guy on the hub who built it while living in the US. I have read that the frames are a bit stiff and not idal for marathons and stage racing and because that is what I prefer I am wondering whether I should get a tallboy or something similar. The problem for me is that it is a custom purple factory spray job and very unique so I am going to have to justify having two bikes as I don't think I could sell it.

PICS PICS PICS PICS!

• 8 months later...

LATE POST

Just saw a aluminium Highball in CWC for my ss dream - Hairy have you built yours up already?

Phil .... I gave up on that project and did something else and then something and something else again ... I am however considering another something else project very soon.

Phil .... I gave up on that project and did something else and then something and something else again ... I am however considering another something else project very soon.

Hairy... I've been reading these forums intensely the last couple of weeks and this is exactly what I thought happened... Haha! Good luck with that something!

And besides, it seems like way too much of a betrayal to use something other than steel for a sweet ss.