Your Enduro ride

Robodog

Final question on that sick ride of yours.

Have you noticed any flex where the seatstays connect to the rocker? It's the only thing that has bothered me, as that doesn't seem to be the burliest of interfaces.

I'm coming off a bike with a QR rear end and light race wheels so I cant really give a proper answer.

this bike is stiff, you lean into it and it pushes back, its got lots of travel, but it isint soft and wallowy at all and that goes for rear end stiffness as well.

I'm actually looking to lose the 35mm bars in favor of something a little more forgiving, but thats unrelated to the seatstays (which are just fine)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm coming off a bike with a QR rear end and light race wheels so I cant really give a proper answer.

this bike is stiff, you lean into it and it pushes back, its got lots of travel, but it isint soft and wallowy at all and that goes for rear end stiffness as well.

I'm actually looking to lose the 35mm bars in favor of something a little more forgiving, but thats unrelated to the seatstays (which are just fine)

And a slightly shorter stem... 

That bike looks great Adam, would be on my list too, but I am still very happy with my enduro. How did you get it here - did you just pay for shipping or get it brought out by family/friend? 

That bike looks great Adam, would be on my list too, but I am still very happy with my enduro. How did you get it here - did you just pay for shipping or get it brought out by family/friend? 

You can't get it shipped here through the store (they sell via bike-discount.de) so if it were me, and I wasn't going over there or having someone come over, I'd get it shipped via Aramex Global Shopper. But that's just me. 

• 2 weeks later...

My cheese van...

yellow makes me look faster attachicon.gifIMG_0027.JPG

love the hand guards. Those AVS units? where'd you source em? i actually forgot about ordering mine, so thanks for the inadvertent reminder.  :thumbup:

love the hand guards. Those AVS units? where'd you source em? i actually forgot about ordering mine, so thanks for the inadvertent reminder.  :thumbup:

Got them from "lordgunbicycles"

Even sent me a afrikaans note: "lekker suid afrika" when i received the package

Same day postage , great service

Got them from "lordgunbicycles"

Even sent me a afrikaans note: "lekker suid afrika" when i received the package

Same day postage , great service

shot guv'nor  :thumbup:

Busy with my enduro build, slightly older Giant Reign (06 model):

RS rear shock, not sure which model.

Fox 36 fork

Truvativ Holzfeller 40mm stem 

Rapide wide bars,

SRAM GX shifter

SRAM GX rear derailer 

SLX crank with Absolute black 34T NW chainring.

Cassette, SRAM with Hope 40T expander.

Formula R1 brakes or older 06 Shimano SLX

Giant dropper post

Specialized Henge saddle

Wheels: Mavic EX721 rims with Hope Pro 2 hubs. front 20mm, rear QR.

Any advice on which brakes?

Would like to upgrade the rear shock some time.

post-5144-0-77961700-1481279987_thumb.jpg

Busy with my enduro build, slightly older Giant Reign (06 model):

RS rear shock, not sure which model.

Fox 36 fork

Truvativ Holzfeller 40mm stem 

Rapide wide bars,

SRAM GX shifter

SRAM GX rear derailer 

SLX crank with Absolute black 34T NW chainring.

Cassette, SRAM with Hope 40T expander.

Formula R1 brakes or older 06 Shimano SLX

Giant dropper post

Specialized Henge saddle

Wheels: Mavic EX721 rims with Hope Pro 2 hubs. front 20mm, rear QR.

Any advice on which brakes?

Would like to upgrade the rear shock some time.

Lots to choose from when it comes to stoppers: Shimano Zee and Saints (although everything from Deore to XTR will work too); SRAM Guide; Avid Code (for when things get really hairy); Magura MT5/MT7. Then you could also look at Hope, Formula, TRP (if they're available).

Personally, I'd use Guide levers matched to Code calipers.

My advice for your build:

1. Get a black outer for your dropper cable;
  2. Have a set of the new generation FOX decals made up for your fork;
  3. Slap a FOX Float X on the back.

Archived