Your Enduro ride

Robodog

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When skollie is.racing for position I'm sure he'll rethink the chainring size. Right now he just wants to have fun on the trails and get to the top without having a hernia.

Wide range and 30t for the win.

Are you trying to pedal up the side of a high rise building with that ratio... ;)

In my opinion... I find anything smaller than a 32T up front to be a waste of time. Never mind spinning out, (I couldn't be bothered with hi speed pedalling myself) but when it comes to acceleration, power transfer on the smaller chain rings absolutely sucks!

But it depends on how you ride and what you want from the bike.

I also get lazy, if I can't pedal uphill while in 42t rear/34t front, I won't do it on a 30t either...

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Are you trying to pedal up the side of a high rise building with that ratio... ;)

In my opinion... I find anything smaller than a 32T up front to be a waste of time. Never mind spinning out, (I couldn't be bothered with hi speed pedalling myself) but when it comes to acceleration, power transfer on the smaller chain rings absolutely sucks!

But it depends on how you ride and what you want from the bike.

I also get lazy, if I can't pedal uphill while in 42t rear/34t front, I won't do it on a 30t either...

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I've got a 34 11-42 on the reign. Bleddy hell sometimes I wish I had my 30t back for the climbs. Will probably get an 11-46 sunrace cassette when my XT runs out of life to put me in the same position.

I've got a 34 11-42 on the reign. Bleddy hell sometimes I wish I had my 30t back for the climbs. Will probably get an 11-46 sunrace cassette when my XT runs out of life to put me in the same position.

I still run my 34t-36t....

EVEN in Rotorua :wacko:  :)

Rule #5 :P

Edit: Front:34t, Rear: 11-36

Edited by hayleyearth

• 2 weeks later...

All these new choices in gears have made us all weak.

We used to ride 34t 11-36 and probably made it up more climbs than we do now days with 30t,32t,34t - 11-42

and in 2009, the wind was supposedly stronger. :whistling:

I doubt ppl have become weaker. but these wide ranges have allowed a wider spectrum of fitness levels onto the trails, and allowed the fitter riders to attempt even steeper climbs.

something for everyone, not a toughness competition.

and in 2009, the wind was supposedly stronger. :whistling:

I doubt ppl have become weaker. but these wide ranges have allowed a wider spectrum of fitness levels onto the trails, and allowed the fitter riders to attempt even steeper climbs.

something for everyone, not a toughness competition.

I said this because there is no chance I would be able to pedal up the hills I used to if you gave me my old ratio's. I might feel easy gears have made me weaker, or is lazier the word I should be using...

whahahaha! 

just as well he slowed down or something might have caught fire

Back when I was younger, fitter and stupider - the rear tyre of my road bike used to slip on the rollers in a 53-11 during interval sessions which would cause a burning rubber smell to waft through the house. Wife not impressed :lol:

All these new choices in gears have made us all weak.

We used to ride 34t 11-36 and probably made it up more climbs than we do now days with 30t,32t,34t - 11-42

I remember when the easiest gear on my bike was a 42-21. Rode up everything.

Okay, so that's two road bike references in two posts. Somebody please ban me.  :cursing: