Your Enduro ride

Robodog

I need some assistance from you guys/girls, Ive been riding exclusivly hardtail SS for a number of years now and recently acquired a 2010 Trance X (Unfortunately the X3).

A few questions:

Anything i can do to the stock Giant Rear shock to make it feel better, i had an anthem years ago with an RP23 and this feels nothing like that.

It has a Tora coil Fork, i have no idea how to set up a coil fork only ever had Air before this, any tips?

Tuning a good coil fork is easy, tuning a cheap coil fork (it's only coil to save money) is bit of a waste of time. Get yourself a 140mm Revelation on there and think of me as you smile while riding off into the sunset.

new fork first.. 

Say that fast 10 times....

so would 140mm front and back be considered trail and not #ENDURO?

Not even Enduro is #Enduro enough.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and when you do get round to buying a new shock make it a DBInline. That thing is a game changer of NOTE!

The CC DB will cost more than the bike is worth :-)

Yes, but...you know? If you're going to change the shock, change it to one that's worthwhile. DBInline costs less than a Kashima Flop Fox. And that there is a great frame, once you've sorted the suspension he'll have a bike for life.

So this is siting at Leighs waiting for me to pay for it ....

:drool: :drool:

Good choice Nigel!

Are you going to buy a magenta and cyan set of grips and then run one of each colour on the bike?

Haven't been following your other thread in detail so if you don't mind me asking: how did you end up going for the Nomad? As far as I remember you mentioned early on in the thread that you don't believe the geo will be suited to our trails.

Honest question. Asking for a friend. In no way because I'm battling my monsters not to buy one myself.

probably the cyan grips - and Grebel - definitely no ENVE wheels - not worth the cash

Stan's like on the Devinci then? Get Ian at Galloping Naartjie to do some custom wheel decals for you to match that colour scheme  :thumbup:

Edited by Grebel