Your Enduro ride

Robodog

Guest Omega Man

Ah ok. Saw a really cool green 29'r Tracer at JP's shop the other day, and remembered about your one. O well, good to see you branching out into other biking disciplines. You closet roadie you. :D

Hahaha. It's only for commuting. And only on the cycle tracks. Oh it also makes me sweat like a mofo on the wind trainer.  It might sound surprising coming from a "downhiller" but I'm terrified of riding on the road.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha. It's only for commuting. And only on the cycle tracks. Oh it also makes me sweat like a mofo on the wind trainer.  It might sound surprising coming from a "downhiller" but I'm terrified of riding on the road.

You're not the only one... ;)

Edit: Even with 1000 lumens on the front and lit up like a Christmas tree at the back (I looked like a 90's rave on wheels) there were too many close calls. Decided it was safer to stick to baggies and the bush...

Edited by Grebel

Dude, the only time I get on my road bike is when there's road closures e.g. Argus, Ironman etc. The rest of the time I stay on the dirt.

so would 140mm front and back be considered trail and not #ENDURO?

All Mountain

SO a couple of rides under the belt and that little 140mm travel #ENDURO sorry, All Mountain bike is just flipping rocking and smashing all the times I have done on the 160mm travel bikes .... and she leaves a moerse smile on my face after every ride too :)

SO a couple of rides under the belt and that little 140mm travel #ENDURO sorry, All Mountain bike is just flipping rocking and smashing all the times I have done on the 160mm travel bikes .... and she leaves a moerse smile on my face after every ride too :)

Them Rocky Mountains are helluva respected for good reason!

And yeah - I think the extra responsiveness / poppiness from the shorter travel (as well as the fact that it's a better climber than the crackenfail) help in that regard....

And yeah - I think the extra responsiveness / poppiness from the shorter travel (as well as the fact that it's a better climber than the crackenfail) help in that regard....

My Moto's never failed ;)

Good idea or bad idea?

Im planning to to buy a  2013 merida 120 900D for enduro riding. I know its not a full out enduro bike but after a few changes I think it will work?

Advice?

Isn't 140mm more of a trail bike? 160mm is more all mountain... :whistling:

Nah, can't be the bike .... my handling skills and fitness must just have become AWESOME over night!

My 120mm travel Anthem X is my enduro/all-mountain/trail/XC bike.

Not fortunate enough to have more than 1 bike.

If 160mm is All mountain then how much would a DH bike have, 180mm+

My 120mm travel Anthem X is my enduro/all-mountain/trail/XC bike.

Generally 200 plus

My 120mm travel Anthem X is my enduro/all-mountain/trail/XC bike.

Generally 200 plus