Your Enduro ride

RockCoach

So...for my birthday I can choose between the following related to my AM bike..

1. a fork upgrade (current 150mm Revelation) to a 160mm pike

2. 10days riding (and beach) holiday in Thailand with my bike

What would you choose?

Agree with Stevo.

You can get a fork at a later stage. Maybe even a DVO Diamond Trail fork. :P

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after a full year of dreaming, saving and hesitating I have finally pulled the trigger on my all-mountain build.

I always wanted a 650b in the 140mm-160mm travel range that I could ride all day. I always leaned more toward a trail bike instead of a full blown enduro rig. If I had gone the Transition route I think I would have picked the Scout over the Patrol in the end.

Ultimately I was left with 2 options that passed my prerequisites. The Pyga Pascoe and the Stumpjumper Evo Expert Carbon 650b.

Now I know I might offend quite a few members with my choice, but at the end of the day it was the bike I found suited my needs the best and one I wanted to ride most.

So as you may have already picked up, I went for the Stumpy Evo 650b and couldn't be more stoked. I got it in what I think is a pretty rad satin black paint job. I should have it built and ready to rock by Monday.

Build specs are as follows:

Frame: Stumpy Evo 650 Carbon frame

Fork: Pike 160mm RCT Solo air

Shock: Kashima coated CTD with Boost valve

Wheels: Spank Spike Enduro Race28s on Hope Evo 2 hubs

Brakes: Xt

RD: Zee 10 spd

Shifter: Saint

Crankset: Saint crank with RF NW 34t chainring

Cassette: Xt

Seatpost: Spez command post IR

Saddle: Syncros

Bars: Renthal fatbar 785mm wide

Stem: Race Face Atlas 50mm

Tyres: Spez Butcher fr, Rock Razor SG rear

I must thank Nofearnofun for all his help. He basically sourced the whole build kit. Another word of thanks has to go out to the regulars on this thread for all the info, ideas and opinions. I only started riding a year And a half ago and think I've come a long way since my noob days just from reading posts on the hub.

I'll check you all out on the trails!

Cheers gents.

Disclaimer: That is just an example of the frame I copied off the web.post-57749-0-13260400-1427540514_thumb.jpg

Hahaha kids aren't in the 5 year plan yet so might even be able to squeeze another bike in somewhere down the line!

Frame + dropper + headset + stem + assembly came to 25.5k

Build kit came to 19.6k

Bars and saddle were not included, I had those lying around.

just in case it wasn't clear enough already - 2. Pike you can always get. A trip to Thailand may soon become more and more expensive. 

That is true. Definitely do the Thailand trip @hayleyearth

The rand has halved in value to the Baht in the last 3 or 4 years! It is crazy and soon will no longer be a cheapish place to go. The Rand is just falling everyday. I went year ago (actually EXACTLY a year ago to the day - funny that) and so glad that I went. You will never forget it unlike a new fork which will be the new "norm" a week after buying it.

Hahaha kids aren't in the 5 year plan yet so might even be able to squeeze another bike in somewhere down the line!

Frame + dropper + headset + stem + assembly came to 25.5k

Build kit came to 19.6k

Bars and saddle were not included, I had those lying around.

that is not bad at all... Flip. 45k for that is great

that is not bad at all... Flip. 45k for that is great

Yeah I am properly chuffed. Really happy I was able to spec it how I wanted and still stick within budget.

I just cannot wait til Monday! Will definitely try get out to the Welvanpas Enduro this weekend too.

Yeah I am properly chuffed. Really happy I was able to spec it how I wanted and still stick within budget.

I just cannot wait til Monday! Will definitely try get out to the Welvanpas Enduro this weekend too.

Lemme know how it goes! Sitting the monster this weekend, so I'm out... 

ANSWER Alloy ProTaper 780 DH

I alternate between 750 to 780 wide 

ANSWER Alloy ProTaper 780 DH

I alternate between 750 to 780 wide 

Lekker nuh. Nothing says kaaget better than a Stage fork with ANSR bars. 

Oh please I can hate as all I want but that's a sexy bike meneer. Congrats.

Now I know I might offend quite a few members will be jealous with my choice, but at the end of the day it was the bike I found suited my needs the best and one I wanted to ride most.

ftfy

As long as we all still enjoy riding.

What ever we find ourselves on ... just ride and have a jol

Many of us come from humble beginnings and is a privilege to be able to ride and even have rad rides. 

Archived