Your Enduro ride

Robodog

My everyday ride does it all.

Some Lapierre eye candy Ed ;)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a couple of weeks back the lady and I spent a long weekend in Karkloof. Her words "I want a new bike!".

Now when the lady insists on a new bike and you've seen what she is capable of on a hardtail then you know its time to build her a proper sled.

A lot of searching found us an Intense Tracer VP frame and the build was go. 

Big thanks to the Trailhead for parts, Robodog for the dropper / saddle and Omega Man for the frame / fork / cranks etc.

Intense Tracer VP

RS Lyrik R2CDH 170mm

KS Dropper

Raceface / Csixx / Saint Groupset

Hope Race X2 brakes

Raceface / Nukeproof / Renthal cockpit

Currently a mix / match wheelset but that will change to some Nukeproof Generator AM rims in black soon. 

Bike comes in at just under 15kg with DH tyres and tubes on heavy wheels. Should be able to go sub 14 with a solid light wheelset.

Can't wait to go back to Karkloof. #26aintdead.

post-22685-0-11441200-1435139926_thumb.jpg

Awesome! Glad to see that Duane finally sold that Intense...

What's Oh Mega flying with these days?

What's Oh Mega flying with these days?

making it Reign. From what he's said, at least. Talking of tokens in the pike, discussing suspension performance and and and. 

Also waiting for a new Fury to come through seeing as his (and all other) fury bikes had a design fault with the linkage. Would klap the seat or top tube (i forget which) at full compression and make an almighty kallumphing sound. 

making it Reign. From what he's said, at least. Talking of tokens in the pike, discussing suspension performance and and and. 

Also waiting for a new Fury to come through seeing as his (and all other) fury bikes had a design fault with the linkage. Would klap the seat or top tube (i forget which) at full compression and make an almighty kallumphing sound.

Aah. Nothing ever happened re the Spaz Enduro 29'r he was so crazy about? Or maybe it wasn't a Spaz? I forget.

A lot of searching found us an Intense Tracer VP frame and the build was go.

Lekker boet. She's gonna luv that bike. I've had my Tracer for just over 5 years now, and it just puts the biggest smile on my dial every time I take her for a spin. O ja, my GF also has one. Same thing. Luvs it to bits.

Aah. Nothing ever happened re the Spaz Enduro 29'r he was so crazy about? Or maybe it wasn't a Spaz? I forget.

nope, still crazy about it. But he wants the carbon version, and that's not cheap. 

nope, still crazy about it. But he wants the carbon version, and that's not cheap.

Hmmm...ja, I must admit it's the only spaz I'd invest money in, but at that price, I most definitely won't. I'm surprised he doesn't want something a bit more, how shall I put this, special. ;-)

That looks epic, but what is it doing at Murray's house!?

:-)

Honestly a brilliant looking Spaz. The colour combos, whilst in your face, Jus y work.

we were checking what it looked like compared to his tiny little slopestyle enduro

because of the bikes i spend most of my time seeing, anything that isint a Large or bigger looks like a 4x bike

post-60584-0-58285500-1435433714_thumb.jpg

Archived