The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

@ JCZA, I remember that Tour! Was a great race.

And I must admit I used to dislike Voeckler simply because he seemed disliked by almost everyone else! (Most notably Paul Sherwen!)

But I have grown to like him! His quirks and odd facial expressions are amusing. And he is not afraid to have a go at winning a race either!

Deep in my heart I would have loved for a French rider to have won this centenary Tour. But I can see thats as likely as Armstrong, Hamilton and Landis teaming up for a comeback!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point although surely on a super flat stage like this, there is no chance that Lotto, Quickstep, Argos Shimano & Cannondale would let any breakaway go far? Sky should be vary wary of Movistar come the Alps and and save energy accordingly... Yes?

I'm sure that Sky is looking at the teams of the sprinters to do the work today. I'm not watching but there must be loads of discussion going on.

Hope cannondale up the pace before that cat climb. Break away from Cav and some of the other sprinters, and let sagan take a nother easy win! :-) you can dream ey?

I like your dreaming yeah

Here is an updated profile graph including Panorama stage 3 and the Kremetart race. I've also included the names of the climbs. Like I said before, I used data direct from gpx which I think skews the profiles a bit in terms of time, but still, it gives an interesting comparison.

Thanks Wez for the extra data!

Click on the graph to see the complete graph.

post-12446-0-30516700-1373372871_thumb.jpg

Sky on the front? Sky, you need to keep your bullets for the mountains. Don't hurt y'self, y'hear.

Brailsford,

That you?

:-D

Here is an updated profile graph including Panorama stage 3 and the Kremetart race. I've also included the names of the climbs. Like I said before, I used data direct from gpx which I think skews the profiles a bit in terms of time, but still, it gives an interesting comparison.

Thanks Wez for the extra data!

Click on the graph to see the complete graph.

This is a superb comparison, great work Andydude :thumbup:

The pace has slowed in the second our of the stage, with an average of 36.5km/h. There is a headwind blowing and more wind is expected in the final 20km of the stage.

The pace has slowed in the second our of the stage, with an average of 36.5km/h. There is a headwind blowing and more wind is expected in the final 20km of the stage.

2nd rest day then...

All back together in the break

That headwind would've sapped the breakaway.

I have not seen much of Katusha at all this tour

Yoh

J Rod must be waiting for alpe d'huez?

He climbed so well in the Vuelta!

question from a noob- Greipel and Kittel are riding 54/11. Could Cav swap bikes and get a better gearing set, based on the prevailing wind, close to the end, even if he "pretended" to have a mechanical?

Yeah... didn't think I'll make it die to a supplier meeting. .. but here I get home, put my tv on and get to see the last 37km of the race. ...

so what's the speculations??