The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sooooo - ventoux ascent records

2013:21,5 km@7,5%---59:00---average speed 21.86 km/h(Chris Froome)

2002:21,5 km@7,5%---59:00---average speed 21.86 km/h(Lance Armstrong)

2000:21,5 km@7,5%---59:05---average speed 21.83 km/h(Pantani-Armstrong)

I think for the rest of the tour I'll just download and watch armstrong's races. At least he had personality

I think Froome is a cool guy. Can'treally compare him to Lance because he does not have much charisma. I find him to be irritatingly modest sometimes

Seems there are a few different numbers for distance/ascent etc. But I'll go with this as my default position:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2363539/Tour-France-enjoyed-Lance-Armstrongs-cheating--Martin-Samuel.html

Great article.

Damn you Lance for creating this doubt:

"This is what cheating does; it spoils it for everyone. For the good, the great, for you, for me. In place of awe, a raised eyebrow; acclaim tempered by knowing nudges and defiant inquisitions."

Great article.

Damn you Lance for creating this doubt:

"This is what cheating does; it spoils it for everyone. For the good, the great, for you, for me. In place of awe, a raised eyebrow; acclaim tempered by knowing nudges and defiant inquisitions."

Yes! **** you Lance for introducing drugs into cycling already in the early 1900's

Yes! **** you Lance for introducing drugs into cycling already in the early 1900's

Not denying there was doping earlier or now - but I believed him, his training, overcoming cancer etc, etc. Since then it's hard FOR ME, because of that specific cyclist, to believe.

The world loves a scape goat, I wonder how long it is before Tyson Gay And Powell say that LAnce made them do it...

WRT to Froome - Very interesting to see his high cadence, without knowing the actual cadence figures I would say his appears to be higher than anyone else ive seen including LA, he rides those rotor things doesn't he...wonder what gearing he has and crank lengths...?

WRT to Froome - Very interesting to see his high cadence, without knowing the actual cadence figures I would say his appears to be higher than anyone else ive seen including LA, he rides those rotor things doesn't he...wonder what gearing he has and crank lengths...?

His cadence really stood out. While Porte was still in front of him, they mentioned he was still in a lower gear compared to the others.

The world loves a scape goat, I wonder how long it is before Tyson Gay And Powell say that LAnce made them do it...

For yesterday I think I read him using a compact 38 small crank with 11-28 cassette.

What did Oom Lance mean by this?

Lance Armstrong@lancearmstrong 16h

Hey @chrisfroome - no gifts on the Ventoux.

Was he offering advice (showing regret) for his gifting the win to Pantani all those years ago or was he suggesting that Froome would not do himself any favors by winning in style (doping allegations from the skeptics)?

So who is feeling a little lost with a rest day in Provence and no Ashes to watch... hell, i'm going to have to do some work now.

That said, I'm already getting pumped for the double tap of d'Huez!

So who is feeling a little lost with a rest day in Provence and no Ashes to watch... hell, i'm going to have to do some work now.

Reruns of the stage the projector in my office. Not feeling lost at all :))

His cadence really stood out. While Porte was still in front of him, they mentioned he was still in a lower gear compared to the others.

I watched yesterday's stage from my IDT in front of the telly. I thought my cadence was relatively spritely, but on the climb I tried to match the cadence of the Sky team when 2 riders were still with Froome. Their cadence was too quick for me - it was a little uncomfortable trying to keep up. Froome was way too fast for me.

Edited by tombeej

I've taken a day's leave for Thursday :)

Wonder if this fan will be back on d"huez this year for the return of Conti.

post-15825-0-30867400-1373876081_thumb.jpg