The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

"The only evidence that Froome is doping is the fact that he's winning..."

Radio show host

post-12015-0-68412300-1374121434_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Froome complaining to organisers about descending Alpe d Huez in rain. Sky want only one ascent. What bull****!

FRIENDLY REMINDER

This has the double-ascension of Alpe d’Huez but there’s nothing repetitive about the route. It stars with the Col de Manse and then crosses the scenic Valbonnais to tackle the easier side of the Col d’Ornon. Some have said doing Alpe d’Huez twice is too hard but often the Alpe is approached via the mighty Galiber which stands a kilometre taller than the Alpe so that argument’s less certain but either way this is a very hard day especially as big crowds will roar the riders up the first ascent of the Alpe. The Sarenne is a tricky climb, one of those optical illusions where the road doesn’t look as if it’s rising yet the rider struggles. A very technical descent has some riders scared but by now the climbing should have thinned out the bunch before the final climb up the Alpe in front of a delirious crowd.

post-12015-0-20363300-1374121646_thumb.jpg

Froome complaining to organisers about descending Alpe d Huez in rain. Sky want only one ascent. What bull****!

You got a link to that story?

If its true.... Is it fear? Maybe Froome feeling the effects dunno. I would be devistated if the organisers got bullied into changing the route.

Love Riis's comment:

“Listen, riders have been going down dangerous descents one thousand times before. They must hit the brakes and be careful,” Saxo boss Bjarne Riis told reporters. “This is a bike race; it’s not some Sunday morning grandma trip. They have to learn how to race their bikes and stop complaining.”

I am seeing some twitter comments on this, but nothing solid. What crap if true. This is hardly Milan-San Remo weather.

Remember the old days when sex was safe and bike racing was dangerous?

Edit: http://velonews.comp...pe-dhuez_295693

Yes, total BS...everyone has to ride the course so there is no benefit to anyone particular. Me thinks Sky is scared that Berto goes on the attack on the down and that would put froome between a rock and hard place...Should he risk going with, or stay put and play it safe.....Hello Sky....that is called racing. If you want to run with the big dogs.....

You win the tdf in paris...everything between start and then is fair game....roll on them hills of today

Edited by rouxtjie

Yes, total BS...everyone has to ride the course so there is no benefit to anyone particular. Me thinks Sky is scared that Berto goes on the attack on the down and that would put froome between a rock and hard place...Should he risk going with, or stay put and play it safe.....Hello Sky....that is called racing. If you want to run with the big dogs.....

After Froome's ill-timed comments about Contador's descent two days ago, I am starting to lose a little respect. Sure, as patron of the peloton, he is well-placed to voice concerns to the organisers.

But Sky are really beginning to sound like a Lance-run operation. Remember how they bullied the Giro into neutralising a stage.

Bad taste.

After Froome's ill-timed comments about Contador's descent two days ago, I am starting to lose a little respect. Sure, as patron of the peloton, he is well-placed to voice concerns to the organisers.

But Sky are really beginning to sound like a Lance-run operation. Remember how they bullied the Giro into neutralising a stage.

Bad taste.

And the reverse also rings true...I am starting to love bertie's work....he just gets on with the job, no moaning or kakking in his panties....yesterday's stage he gave it his best, froome put 9sec into him. Just a shake of the head and moves on. No moaning about team tactics and not going for a TT specific switch. The tour needs him, he has the balls to take anyone on, I respect that.

Misquoting him - he said its going to be a dangerous descent if its wet mainly because of the road surface and he hoped the organisers made a call that would in the interest of safety for the riders. He was asked to comment on rumors that the second loop is going to be canceled.

If you read that article on Velonews, its not only him making those comments.

Edited by kosmonooit

What a pussy.