Karoo To Coast 2013

Mailman7412

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You a dr?

Cool thanks I will, yeah must say I feel less like getting sick today than yesterday...

Nope, but a Dr (avid cyclist) advised me to do it

Its more like 1900-2200m for the Argus and 1600m for k2c

And this year without Boyes drive the Ascent was no more than 1050m

The difference is the Argus you ascent 1200m on tar and the K2C it's 1900m on gravel. The winners of the Argus takes 2:30 - 2:40 min and the K2C its 3:00+. Much tougher event

I did a fun ride this weekend and managed to beat a 12yr old by one bicycle length.

How many amateur riders enter the K2C? Im looking at doing it in sub 6. never cycled further than 45km before.

Should I save my wife some time and get started on my funeral plans now? :(

Was Not me. I will be there again so let's see then. Well maybe I will snore this time as i am carrying even more weight and have been off the bike for 2 weeks now after sporadic rides before that. Se you all there.

C50 swears it was you, and you swear it was him. All I know is that there was a monstrous rumbling coming from you 2 ;)

Guys,

Do you know if it will be possible that one of our group is doing the registration on behalf of the whole group and picks up race numbers and packs?

What would he need next to the print of the RaceTec letter and chip?

What chip are you refering to? The same chip one use for the ARGUS?

I missed the race last year. The races before that we did not reuired a chip.

I did a fun ride this weekend and managed to beat a 12yr old by one bicycle length.

How many amateur riders enter the K2C? Im looking at doing it in sub 6. never cycled further than 45km before.

Why the age is 19 I don't know and think it is a little bit too high, but I'm sure they have good reasons. Lots of 16year olds that kicks my ass every weekend on different Mtb terrains and distances

You will be ok, just remember that it IS NOT all downhill to Knysna. Prepare yourself for a few long climbs

Don't worry about the time, man... and don't beat yourself up if you do not make your goal. Go and enjoy it! Esp the first time. Take it easy, enjoy the ride, the views and the vibe, stop at water points, talk rubbish to the people around you.

This will only be my second - and due to what my legs are telling me, I think I'll have pretty much the same approach. I think of the entrants only... 100 max(?) won't be amateurs.

I am hoping for 6hrs but if it takes me 7h i dont mind, just want to finish. take it easy and stop at the water points, that will be my motto on sunday.

I am hoping for 6hrs but if it takes me 7h i dont mind, just want to finish. take it easy and stop at the water points, that will be my motto on sunday.

That's the spirit!! ;)

Beautiful route and loaaads of people so enjoy it!

Does Anybody need accommodation in the church hall I have an extra ticket .

R190 includes breakfast.

Does Anybody need accommodation in the church hall I have an extra ticket .

R190 includes breakfast.

Gone gone gone Thanks guys

I was away for 3 weeks with no riding got back this week but now I'm sick .... :unsure: I'll just take it slow and see how far I get ... I think doing half a K2C is better than sitting at home. And then you have a better idea for next year (my biggest fun ride was 30km :w00t: )