2013 Critérium du Dauphiné

tombeej

Jack Russel Voeckler takes one for Europcar.

Is is true that their sponsorshop is running out at the end of the year?

yay! Go Tommy.

Seems like it's over for them and Europcar at the end of the season along with Vacansoleil (not that their positive result is going to help get a new headliner on board). Seems to be tough days securing sponsors at the moment.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yay! Go Tommy.

Seems like it's over for them and Europcar at the end of the season along with Vacansoleil (not that their positive result is going to help get a new headliner on board). Seems to be tough days securing sponsors at the moment.

:wacko:

http://www.letour.fr/PHOTOS/CDD/2013/700/PROFIL.png

Alp d'Huez, baby....

Don't you think Alp d'Huez is a bit 'wasted' so early in the stage?

Yeah, don know whats up with Euskaltel, they actually have some some very good riders as you mention, but they never appear to have a plan, its always a sort of "every man for himself" type scenario. Or at least thats the way I see it.

I hope Europcar gets away today, I hope Tommy gets into a break, I hope he animates the break and stays away and I hope he wins the stage :D - Tommy is a real character, always entertaining, always the opportunist, just makes dull days exciting.

Sage Grumps.

Care to pm me some lotto numbers?

Don't you think Alp d'Huez is a bit 'wasted' so early in the stage?

I think its really there as a recce for the Tour. Same organisers so they will save the grandstand finish for the big one (on bastille day IIRC?) Edited by dracs

Pity the TV (and worldwide streaming) coverage only starts at 12:55 today with the Alpe being ascended at about 10:20. Organisers still have a lot to learn about exposure and coverage of cycling. Why put the good bits at a time when no one can watch?

Ja, I was looking forward to the Alpe today, plus the brand new descent down the Col de Sarenne. Lots of work done on that mountain to tar that pass, and today is the big dress rehersal for TDF 2013 when they do the double-d'Huez (using this new drop down the Sarenne to loop back round to the second climb).

I was thinking last night that Pierre Rolland is due for an attempt at a stage win, and that he'd be central to Europcars plans today.

So it's good to see him and team mate David Veilleux in the break. Which means the Europcar plans are once again on track.

Now he just needs to finish it off...

Crazy the number of riders that have retired today alone! Is this fatigue, illness or a game plan for tdf?

Just curious? Seems as weather is rather pleasant if compared to giro.

Sanchez looks like he had some Spanish beef that berto was asking for in TT.

So much pain on the mans face, reminds me of myself climbing suiker bosie :P

Sanchez looks like he had some Spanish beef that berto was asking for in TT.

So much pain on the mans face, reminds me of myself climbing suiker bosie :P

I think everyone is not letting too much on about their form before TDF. Sky is the only team it seems stamping their dominance on peleton to intimidate everyone. Unfortuantely they have the muscle to intimidate everyone.