2013 Critérium du Dauphiné

tombeej

My only issue is that he's a a doper and his return to the tour is being treated like a second coming. Yup should be exciting to have him in the tour but wasn't LA 'really exciting' as well?

LA is a bit different for me. I believed he was free of doping and thus his return was huge.

Berto we know doped, paid his dues (as many other) and now he is back. He brings a different element to the tour.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LA is a bit different for me. I believed he was free of doping and thus his return was huge.

Berto we know doped, paid his dues (as many other) and now he is back. He brings a different element to the tour.

True, true. I know I should be excited at the prospect for the battle that is setting up for the tour but it just take the edge off massively and I hate that as he is exactly the kind of rider I usually admire.

Edited by hellocolour

Should be an interesting day today, gonna make sure my Nespresso is all fired up and I have a suitable selection of Rusks available for the final climb.

On paper its made for a guy like Rodriquez, or even 'Berto maybe if he is recovered, SKY will definitely try and neutralize the front and protect Froome, but I hope someone has a go, Please..........!

http://grassyknolltv.com/2013/criterium-du-dauphine-libere/profile-05.jpg

Ja, today is going to be all action, especially the HC finish to Val Moral.

12km of climbing at an average of 7%, that's a helluva climb in anyone's books. The big guns are certainly not going to be holding anything back for the finale.

Can't believe I have to keep up with text feeds at the office and not be able to watch live on the box :(

My only issue is that he's a a doper and his return to the tour is being treated like a second coming. Yup should be exciting to have him in the tour but wasn't LA 'really exciting' as well?

In my opinion, between LA and Contador there is an impossible gap of natural talent and a drive to make the racing that I would like to think goes beyond whatever program they are or were on.

Contador's attacking style is something we only saw from LA when he was on no-holds-barred juice with a full blue train to back him up before making the move. Bert rides like that all the time - see the last Vuelta for an example - and has been a talented climber and TT rider from day dot.

That said I don't think Riis will be able to mount an attempt on the tour without a serious program for his team leader. We won't see much from AC at the Dauphine, but I'll be very surprised if both he and his teammates - nearly all of them bar Rogers performed poorly in the TT - don't show a major improvement in their ability when the chips are down at the tour.

Riis has long been a fan of transfusions and it looks to me like he and Bert have been making some big deposits these past few months. As long as they can get the logistics right to put the stuff back, it's probably the safest way for them to beat the tests.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

Should be an interesting day today, gonna make sure my Nespresso is all fired up and I have a suitable selection of Rusks available for the final climb.

On paper its made for a guy like Rodriquez, or even 'Berto maybe if he is recovered, SKY will definitely try and neutralize the front and protect Froome, but I hope someone has a go, Please..........!

Buttermilk rusks :drool:

In my opinion, between LA and Contador there is an impossible gap of natural talent and a drive to make the racing that I would like to think goes beyond whatever program they are or were on.

Contador's attacking style is something we only saw from LA when he was on no-holds-barred juice with a full blue train to back him up before making the move. Bert rides like that all the time - see the last Vuelta for an example - and has been a talented climber and TT rider from day dot.

That said I don't think Riis will be able to mount an attempt on the tour without a serious program for his team leader. We won't see much from AC at the Dauphine, but I'll be very surprised if both he and his teammates - nearly all of them bar Rogers performed poorly in the TT - don't show a major improvement in their abilitiy when the chips are down at the tour.

True, I think and hope that Alberto will perform much better in the Tour.

I think everyone dopes.

Berto's "poor" performance today brought out a few comments on his doping and him having no fuel etc. Suppose if his performance increases it will be turned around again.

Interesting from @JeroenSwart

jeroen1.txt

jeroen2.txt

jeroen3.txt

Holy Moly I have NO clue how to get a tweet onto the hub. Please excuse and bear with me.

Edited by TiBones

LA = Lance the doper? Free of doping? In 2009? Are you having a laugh?

That said I don't think Riis will be able to mount an attempt on the tour without a serious program for his team leader. We won't see much from AC at the Dauphine, but I'll be very surprised if both he and his teammates - nearly all of them bar Rogers performed poorly in the TT - don't show a major improvement in their ability when the chips are down at the tour.

Riis has long been a fan of transfusions and it looks to me like he and Bert have been making some big deposits these past few months. As long as they can get the logistics right to put the stuff back, it's probably the safest way for them to beat the tests.

I am almost a 100% certain that another performing team has done the same and will do the same for the TDF. Why just focus on Berto now and not the possibility of other riders?

Guest Kalahari ou

with you there

I think he is still doping! Lol

Edited by Kalahari ou

That is what I chose to believe then. :wacko:

I am almost a 100% certain that another performing team has done the same and will do the same for the TDF. Why just focus on Berto now and not the possibility of other riders?

I'm not sure I understand. Do you want some theories on what Sky are up to?

Interesting from @JeroenSwart

jeroen1.txt

jeroen2.txt

jeroen3.txt

Holy Moly I have NO clue how to get a tweet onto the hub. Please excuse and bear with me.

I comments on an earlier post about him moving around a lot. It was obvious that he was not comfortable, his head was constantly moving, although his cadence was high it did not seem smooth.

Thanks for that.

I'm not sure I understand. Do you want some theories on what Sky are up to?

Yes please! :thumbup:

I reckon if you have no power, and guys you routinely pummeled in the past are catching you, it's natural to shift around on the saddle trying to fix the problem.