Contador in seven grand tours where he finished 1St. Won by:

2007 tour - 23secs

2008 giro - 1min 57secs

2008 vuelta - 46secs

2009 tour - 4mins 11 secs

2010 tour - 39secs (positive test)

2011 giro - 6mins 10secs

2012 Vuelta - 1mins 16secs

Wiggins in 2012 tour won by 3mins 21 secs gaining most times in climbs and ITT just like Contador... Is Wiggins explosive? And why is Contadors biggest victory after he tested positive and was monitored relentlessly?

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2007 tour - 23secs

2008 giro - 1min 57secs

2008 vuelta - 46secs

2011 giro - 6mins 10secs

Wiggins in 2012 tour won by 3mins 21 secs gaining most times in climbs and ITT just like Contador... Is Wiggins explosive? And why is Contadors biggest victory after he tested positive and was monitored relentlessly?

Look i like to believe in the innocent till proven beyond doubt guilty branch

BUT

If it seems to good to be true (in this case refering to performance of pro cyclists) then it is probably just that.

Didnt Contador refuse to give a dna sample back in 2005 +/- to check if his blood was in the bags in the Dr feuntes affair?

If so why would he refuse to take the oppurtiunity to clear his name 100%?

Edited by SwissVan

Saxo's lack of depth is shown up again.

Rogers was up there for 'Berto though - ironically part of Team Sky's machine last year.

Edited by ' Dale

Let's rather leave the doping discussions at the door of the dopers' thread?

It is great to just enjoy the dynamicism of the racing highlights, the stages, team strategy and focus on that.

Of course, of course, it is well-known that the credibility of PRO cycling is shattered and in slow repair.

sorri

“It’s a position that I’ve been adjusting to this year...It still feels quite new to have a team of guys riding and sacrificing themselves for you. But so far this season the guys have done it throughout.... So naturally they must have some confidence in me. It’s a really good feeling and I feel privileged to be in this position.”

Froome, on 2013

“It’s a position that I’ve been adjusting to this year...It still feels quite new to have a team of guys riding and sacrificing themselves for you. But so far this season the guys have done it throughout.... So naturally they must have some confidence in me. It’s a really good feeling and I feel privileged to be in this position.”

Froome, on 2013

I am really gaining more and more respect for this man.

What makes this event a criterium?

Dont know, but an interesting question. I was under the impression a "criterium" is a race of laps on a circuit or road, this is neither. Maybe it used to be a lap race, but changed and the name just stayed, - but, Yah, I am also just guessing, so maybe someone else will know for sure.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

2007 tour - 23secs

2008 giro - 1min 57secs

2008 vuelta - 46secs

2011 giro - 6mins 10secs

Shum. I am a Berto fan and all the comments made have some truth to it. The guys have also made Comments of other teams and riders.

Relax ;)

Dont know, but an interesting question. I was under the impression a "criterium" is a race of laps on a circuit or road, this is neither. Maybe it used to be a lap race, but changed and the name just stayed, - but, Yah, I am also just guessing, so maybe someone else will know for sure.

Might have something to do with another race that it merged with but I'm not 100% sure.

On another note - watched the last 10km again tonight and Rodriguez was still there with 5km to go. Contador was much closer than I thought but Froome defintely laid down a marker today. I see Froomes weight is quoted as 68kg.

More for the anoraks

Graph shows actual performace today against expected performance.

Froome puts in a blazing 2.2% faster than predicted followed closely by Contador 2.1 %

Valverde Rogers Moreno Taaramae going 1.7 - 1.6 % faster than predicted even Porte job done still comes in 1% faster than predicted and the “cracked” Dennis grinding the big ring painfully to a still very respectable -1% while the other TDF hopefuls

Talansky -9%

Rolland -11%

Rodriguez -12.5%

Van Den Broeck -22%

have sum work cut out

post-32242-0-78611600-1370551144_thumb.png

The way Froome over took Contador was impressive, he sprinted away (well sprinting as best as a climber can sprint...) basically pulling a Contador type attack on the man himself.

Might have something to do with another race that it merged with but I'm not 100% sure.

On another note - watched the last 10km again tonight and Rodriguez was still there with 5km to go. Contador was much closer than I thought but Froome defintely laid down a marker today. I see Froomes weight is quoted as 68kg.

Yeah, I also watched the finish again last night, although it wasn't really that exciting Froome seems to be in better condition than 'Berto at this point, 'berto made a great attack and immediately opened up a nice gap, frankly I thought he had the race in the bag, but he appeared to fade quickly and once Chris got the turbo roaring, it was all over bar the shouting.

'Berto still only lost 4 sec's on the stage so he was right there, but just didn't appear to be able to capitalize on his great attack, had he gone a little later I think he could have held on, but Yah, water under the bridge, Froome was in great form.

More for the anoraks

Graph shows actual performace today against expected performance.

Talansky -9%

Rolland -11%

Rodriguez -12.5%

Van Den Broeck -22%

have sum work cut out

Read somewhere that vd Broeck is racing on anti-biotics, nursing illness.

The way Froome over took Contador was impressive, he sprinted away (well sprinting as best as a climber can sprint...) basically pulling a Contador type attack on the man himself.

Froome big bladed across the final stretch.

That requires serious superpower.