Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

The reality of going has not yet set in.

I did however leave a puddle just looking at that video!

The reality of the reality is that no video could possibly remotely do justice to how good it is. You're probably going to have to buy some anti depressants when you get back to get over the PMD.

Guest Omega Man

Sweet! Now fit them and start stopping like mad.

Short little squeeking sound followed by nico flying over the bars.

Good point. Careful of that front brake. These things are super strong.

I'd only had my Makulu for about a month before my 1st alps trip. It was (and still is) running 2012 Codes. I thought the stopping power was going to send my fillings flying out my mouth (and it can)...

...but don't underestimate the gradient and the incredible rate at which one builds up momentum on those Alpine slopes. Our first run of Pleney and we were wondering if we even had brakes attached :lol:

I must say that once you get used to the Codes (can't speak for pre-2012 version though) they actually have a great feel to them.

Closely followed by THUD groooooooan...

I seriously think there should be a trailside recovery warning system in some places, activated by thud and then allocates an urgency rating according to the level of groan following the thud.

Louder the groan, and the less guttural, the less severe it is.

But a loud thud and an "nghhhhhhhh" issues the alert for a full on medivac.

Guest Omega Man

I must say that once you get used to the Codes (can't speak for pre-2012 version though) they actually have a great feel to them.

Ja. It took me a while to get used to the feel but I loved mine. Especially with the goooold Straitline levers.

A little tip for first timers: Your hands are going to take a beating. Start doing hand strengthening exercises now, otherwise you'll struggle to ride 2 days in a row.

Guest Omega Man

Right that's it. We are officially fully booked for 2014. 21 plus 2 guides makes it 23 on the http://www.sa-alpine-addiction.co.za/ bus.

We are planning a second trip but that will be centered around Masters Worlds.

Thanks for the response to all the guys that have put their faith in us. For 2015 we are hoping to go even bigger so get saving NOW! We'll be ready for bookings in October. That's only 8 months away people.

Right that's it. We are officially fully booked for 2014. 21 plus 2 guides makes it 23 on the http://www.sa-alpine-addiction.co.za/ bus.

We are planning a second trip but that will be centered around Masters Worlds.

Thanks for the response to all the guys that have put their faith in us. For 2015 we are hoping to go even bigger so get saving NOW! We'll be ready for bookings in October. That's only 8 months away people.

Yoh, jislaaik!, website looking busier! :thumbup: