Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Been to Moab, not cheap but riding sublime. Natural trails not man made.

Camper van the best option. Plenty of campsites and weather perfect for camping

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it too early to start counting the days?

12 WEEEEKSS!!!!!

This weekend's project is to see if the coil I have will actually work on my bike. It comes off an old Reign. Need to get those spring loaded hand strengthenerers too.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

• 2 weeks later...

Ok it's word sum time people's.

Duane and Tony have 11 full days of riding I'm the PDS. But their flight only leaves at 17.40 on the 12th day. An 11 day lift pass costs €165 and an 12 day pass costs €173.

Do they pay the extra €8 for a mornings riding on the 12th day or do they call it quits at the end of day 11?

time to airport (transfer)? 2h before take off, so you need to be there at 15h40. 

How quickly can you pack your bike into the box / bag? What time do the lifts open? 

time to airport (transfer)? 2h before take off, so you need to be there at 15h40. 

How quickly can you pack your bike into the box / bag? What time do the lifts open?

Shuttle pickup about 12.30

Packing will take about 30 minites. I'm far less pedantic on the way back. Lifts open at 9 so we should be able to get 2 hours of riding into the memory banks.

2 runs at Zore 1-2 at Pleney.

Packing will take about 30 minites. I'm far less pedantic on the way back. Lifts open at 9 so we should be able to get 2 hours of riding into the memory banks.

2 hours for 100 ZAR... price of a movie, essentially... 

Slow poke....4 runs @ Zore, 3 @ Pleney, straight onto bus, leave all clothes and bike at Chalet Nantague till next year!!!!

Slow poke....4 runs @ Zore, 3 @ Pleney, straight onto bus, leave all clothes and bike at Chalet Nantague till next year!!!!

Hahaha.

just add in the time calculation for any potential mechanical issues, or (I hope not) any bio-mechanical issues or breakages that could occur ... last thing you want to do is miss your return flight and be forced to stay their another 6 weeks!

just add in the time calculation for any potential mechanical issues, or (I hope not) any bio-mechanical issues or breakages that could occur ... last thing you want to do is miss your return flight and be forced to stay their another 6 weeks!

Yeah. Imagine having to stay there for the rest of the season..... Or even worse. Staying on for Winter too!!!

Drink beers until late...sleep in...pack bikes...breakfast at a little streetside cafe...then airport shuttle...

For me the last day is for chillin out, did it last time in Milan and this year will be in Barcelona, be a crappy tourist for a day.

Drink beers until late...sleep in...pack bikes...breakfast at a little streetside cafe...then airport shuttle...

For me the last day is for chillin out, did it last time in Milan and this year will be in Barcelona, be a crappy tourist for a day.

:thumbup:  this is usually what actually does happen! (except the bit about a tourist, ain't no new "touristy" sights in Morzine unless it's the new deck outside Bar Robinson, then again, that would have already had a few visits so mehhh..bacon and eggs near the Pleney lift.... :clap: )

Yeeeeeeeewwww. So amped. Going to Morz is like going to Indo. Except you KNOW it's going to be firing every day.

Yeeeeeeeewwww. So amped. Going to Morz is like going to Indo. Except you KNOW it's going to be firing every day.