Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

3 days PDS riding was great , took Duane's advice Châtel to morzine today .great but morzine side so much more traffic .... LOTS of guys riding . Morzine cooking ..

By chance bumped into Mr Min in morzine doing final testing for Val di sole... We on our way there for some riding and to support our man.

Edited by captain morgan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 days PDS riding was great , took Duane's advice Châtel to morzine today .great but morzine side so much more traffic .... LOTS of guys riding . Morzine cooking ..

By chance bumped into Mr Min in morzine doing final testing for Val di sole... We on our way there for some riding and to support our man.

Wow Awesome. Glad you are having fun. I'd love to meet the man in person. I guess he's chosen not to go to whistler and rather prepare for VDS in the Alps.

My flight is booked for 807/2018. Is it too soon to start counting down?

• 7 months later...

Just a heads up to anyone wanting to join a crew of Saffers in Morzine for July 2018

My mate Karl is putting a trip together. He has organized a house in a good (flat road to the lifts) part of town and has 1 spot left. Dates are 14-28 July. You organize your own flights. Accommodation is self catering but airport transfers are included with the price of the accommodation. PM me for details.

I'm going but our dates are slightly different. We will overlap with Karl's crew. Taking trail bikes this year. There's a few others I know of who will be there at the same time. Should be 15-20 there at the same time. It's always fun riding with a crew.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Have chatted to Karl about this, sounds like its gonna be awesome. Enjoy it

It's COMPLETELY UNBELIEVABLE how good it is. Nothing anyone says and no matter what pictures you look at can convey how good it is. You really have to go there to comprehend how incredible it is. Take all of the best trail you've ridden here. Multiply that by 50. And that will be the first morning on the first day. The nameless linking trail between Zore and Lindarets is better than some of the best trails I've ridden here.

It's like doing a surf trip to Hawaii. Except the waves are always perfect and offshore. The lineup is always empty and there's a guy with a jetskit to take you back out after every ride. Oh and as your skill and confidence grows so does the swell.

I'll never forget my first day over there. My bike never showed up. By the time we arrived in Morz I'd decided to wait for my bike. When I saw the little white bubble cars going up the mountain a said I'M RENTING A BIKE!!!!! I rented a bike from the first store I found. Pulled kneepads over my jeans and went riding. We did 3 runs of Pleney main line before heading to Les Gets.

I've been an Alps junkie ever since.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Sadly to say, I cant afford that trip, and if I can, then I would probably buy myself a new ride

When the time is right you must go.

Just a heads up to anyone wanting to join a crew of Saffers in Morzine for July 2018

My mate Karl is putting a trip together. He has organized a house in a good (flat road to the lifts) part of town and has 1 spot left. Dates are 14-28 July. You organize your own flights. Accommodation is self catering but airport transfers are included with the price of the accommodation. PM me for details.

I'm going but our dates are slightly different. We will overlap with Karl's crew. Taking trail bikes this year. There's a few others I know of who will be there at the same time. Should be 15-20 there at the same time. It's always fun riding with a crew.

Hmmmm.... Fly into Geneva?

Hmmmm.... Fly into Geneva?

Yup!! You should still be able to get decently priced flights. Edited by Duane_Bosch

Yup!! You should still be able to get decently priced flights.

Under R10k on Emirates via Discovery. I have some thinking to do this weekend!

EDIT: R9028, to be exact ;)

Edited by GrahamS2

Under R10k on Emirates via Discovery. I have some thinking to do this weekend!

EDIT: R9028, to be exact ;)

So your budget will look something like this.

Flights. 10k

Accomm. 7.5k

Lift pass 2.5k

Visa. 1.2k

Insurance 1.5k

Booze $. 7k

Cheaper than the Epic.

So your budget will look something like this.

Flights. 10k

Accomm. 7.5k

Lift pass 2.5k

Visa. 1.2k

Insurance 1.5k

Booze $. 7k

Cheaper than the Epic.

Hahahaha...perfect list.....who needs food when you got Mutzig!!!!..... :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Anybody here been to Whistler and Moab/Colorado ?

Ideas on accommodation ? Seems a lot more expensive than France.

I have been skiing in both... Very expensive compared to other option

Anybody here been to Whistler and Moab/Colorado ?

Ideas on accommodation ? Seems a lot more expensive than France.

Never been but.

All the research I've done indicated that Whistler would be close to double the price of France. The other issue is time zones. You'll suffer a bit with jetlag too. So the only realistic way for me to get there one day will be if I'm already over there. So for me it's going to continue to be Euro trips. having said that everyone I know who's been reckons it's off the charts good.

Check out driftriding.co.uk. We've stayed with them in Morzine and they have a spot in Whistler too. Very helpful hard working brits.

The last time I looked the only direct-ish flights into Vancouver was Emirates.

That's all the info I have.