Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Waaahahaha. So like the brits then. Just don't buy those bright TLD shorts and color matching goggles.

Wife beater and skinny jeans dude.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

186 till we arrive.

Then an afternoon of frantic bike building followed by a ride around town to make sure everything works. A nice Glace and SOME beers.

Then the next day a nice catered breakfast. A 9am trip up Pleney on the nice new shiny lift. Then a commute across to Les Gets where we'll enter the Les Gets main line about 2/3 of the way down. A roll down from there to the Chavanne lift.

By the time we've made the commute to the bottom of Chavanne the first timers will have ridden the best trail they've ever seen.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Sorry I just creamed in my pantz...

Guest Omega Man

So our 2014 trip is already fully booked. I might be setting up a second trip to include Masters worlds in Norway with Chris Nixon.

But these are our proposed dates for 2015 so get saving now

22 June - 5 July. Morzine. Trip will take in the Passportes du Soleil All mountain race

6 July - 19 July. Morzine & Alp du Huez..Week in Morzine and then a week in Alp du Huez to tackle the Mega

20 July - 2 August. Morzine

3 August - 16 August. Morzine

17 August to 30 August. Morzine

31 August - 13 September. Chamonix Mont Blanc

14 September - 27 September. Chamonix Mont Blanc

Just met Steven from Jhb who is joining us on the 2014 July/Aug trip. he was renting a bike from us and going out to Jonkershoek. Seems like a cool guy but, dammit, he got me thinking about this trip! I am desperately trying to ignore it until nearer to the time...

All the JHB guys going. Keen on a little DH session end of the month?

Hey,

Dude, you always know I'm up for it. Probably only available on sunday though

Hey,

Dude, you always know I'm up for it. Probably only available on sunday though

New whip will be here next weekend. Doc should give me the ok to ride.

Don't want to derail this thread. Will start a new one.

If all goes well we can maybe hit Thaba or 139.

Edited by Maxxis

Oh look! A 29'er ripping up the Alps (Germany, but still)...(with reference to the chirps I got at JH this weekend)

Vat so!

All the JHB guys going. Keen on a little DH session end of the month?

I'd be keen but I'm not kitted up for dh. I'm squarely in the am / trail camp.

I did go check out the dh at contermans yesterday briefly while in ct. Dh racing sure ain't for old sissies (like me). Pretty rad stuff. There were quite a few lighties and even a 10 year old pinning it down there taking all the doubles.

Where can you go in jhb area anyway where you can get a decent run with uplifts? Where's 139?

So our 2014 trip is already fully booked. I might be setting up a second trip to include Masters worlds in Norway with Chris Nixon.

But these are our proposed dates for 2015 so get saving now

22 June - 5 July. Morzine. Trip will take in the Passportes du Soleil All mountain race

6 July - 19 July. Morzine & Alp du Huez..Week in Morzine and then a week in Alp du Huez to tackle the Mega

20 July - 2 August. Morzine

3 August - 16 August. Morzine

17 August to 30 August. Morzine

31 August - 13 September. Chamonix Mont Blanc

14 September - 27 September. Chamonix Mont Blanc

Big plans it seems! What's the story at Chamonix / Mont Blanc? Pretty much the same scene as Morzine?

Guest Omega Man

Big plans it seems! What's the story at Chamonix / Mont Blanc? Pretty much the same scene as Morzine?

I've not been to Chamonix yet but from what I know.

Morzine is MUUUUUCH bigger with 24 ski lifts and covering 7 valleys. It's got less vert than Chamonix but covers a much bigger area.

The riding in Chamonix is more AM orientated with a lot of the trails shared with walkers. In fact most of the South facing trails are closed for June & July being reserved exclusively for walkers. You still make use of the lift system but there's a lot more earning your turns.

Guest Omega Man

I'd be keen but I'm not kitted up for dh. I'm squarely in the am / trail camp.

I did go check out the dh at contermans yesterday briefly while in ct.

Dude why didn't you join us for some Jonkers tastyness on Saturday?

Oh look! A 29'er ripping up the Alps (Germany, but still)...(with reference to the chirps I got at JH this weekend)

Vat so!

That guy is carrying decent speed.

Samerberg is the type of park where a DH sled is overkill. An Enduro rig is pretty much the ideal choice for it. I quite like taking my hardtail, even though one or two sections can be a little rough.

Dude why didn't you join us for some Jonkers tastyness on Saturday?

I would love to have. I just couldn't make it then. Friday was my only day free.