Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

So it looks like there will be a convenient little 3 day window when there will be 27 Saffa's (That I know of) in Morzine. We HAVE to do a group shot with Ye old SA Flag and a Saffa train down one of the main lines. Please guys. Let's do it. I'd suggest the Zore blue run. It's short and sweet and we can get a nice scenic group shot.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who are flying with Qatar and may not already know, there is a departures lounge to lessen the pain of those long layovers.

http://www.qatarairways.com/images/Internet/qr_commercial/ecommerce/relaunch-2011/4-column/corporate/airport/lounge/oryx/oryx-lounge-730x270.jpg

It's US$40 for up to 6hrs, but includes:

• Quiet zone
  • Free Wi-Fi
  • Lockers for storage of hand luggage and duty free shopping
  • Conference room
  • Business centre and complimentary PC use
  • Newspapers and magazines
  • soups, salads, fruits and sandwiches
  • Beverages (alcoholic drinks in prescribed hours)
  • Recliners
  • Washrooms and shower facilities
  • Smoking room
  • Close proximity to Duty Free outlets

Peach and I have a 7hr layover on our return flight so we may well make use of this and fill up on sandwiches :ph34r:

For those who are flying with Qatar and may not already know, there is a departures lounge to lessen the pain of those long layovers.

http://www.qatarairways.com/images/Internet/qr_commercial/ecommerce/relaunch-2011/4-column/corporate/airport/lounge/oryx/oryx-lounge-730x270.jpg

It's US$40 for up to 6hrs, but includes:

• Quiet zone
  • Free Wi-Fi
  • Lockers for storage of hand luggage and duty free shopping
  • Conference room
  • Business centre and complimentary PC use
  • Newspapers and magazines
  • soups, salads, fruits and sandwiches
  • Beverages (alcoholic drinks in prescribed hours)
  • Recliners
  • Washrooms and shower facilities
  • Smoking room
  • Close proximity to Duty Free outlets

Peach and I have a 7hr layover on our return flight so we may well make use of this and fill up on sandwiches :ph34r:

Also another little known fact - if you have a credit card / VISA / MC of suitable "level" then you get X amount of complimentary access vouchers to some of the lounges. FNB = BA Slow Lounge and so on.

Damn. Still wish I could go on this one. Budget has been SUPER tight these last 2 years. Only just getting out of it - so, I may hazard a guess that maybe, just MAYBE, 2015 is the year for me. If not, then definitely 2016. It's a ways away, but it is SO worth it from what I have heard (and read)

Duane - damn you for speaking that F word so many times on those build days (when you still came along)...

Also another little known fact - if you have a credit card / VISA / MC of suitable "level" then you get X amount of complimentary access vouchers to some of the lounges. FNB = BA Slow Lounge and so on.

Yeah... true, but I thik if any of us qualified for FNB private banking, we'd be on a business class direct flight at the very least :lol:

Sadly FNB plat only gets one into slow lounges for domestic flights.

Yeah... true, but I thik if any of us qualified for FNB private banking, we'd be on a business class direct flight at the very least :lol:

really?? always? ummmm :ph34r:

ROFL. True.

One of my best mates works for Boeing in Amsterdam. Flies all over setting up shared cost centres for Boeing and other companies. His business c/card allows him to use air miles for personal flights. So there's been a few times when he's flown over here first class on air miles alone. Heck, he bought his mom a return ticket, then she missed the flight, and he phoned up his travel agent and said "i need a flight tomorrow". All they had was first class. "that's fine - charge it to my air miles"

He's an accountant by trade, but managed to get himself stuck on the Interstate in Detroit (I think) while on a road trip in a rented Camaro, running out of money 'cos the loan he applied for got declined. LOL.

really?? always? ummmm :ph34r:

I felt like Wimpy... okay! :lol:

plus I couldn't remember if I'd spent the minimum (R5000) in the past month,

So it looks like there will be a convenient little 3 day window when there will be 27 Saffa's (That I know of) in Morzine. We HAVE to do a group shot with Ye old SA Flag and a Saffa train down one of the main lines. Please guys. Let's do it. I'd suggest the Zore blue run. It's short and sweet and we can get a nice scenic group shot.

We can get a group shot by the Pleney tables with Patches "jumping" them :thumbup:

We can get a group shot by the Pleney tables with Patches "jumping" them :thumbup:

Would be nice to have someone to assist me down the hill this time :lol:

Edited by patches

I should be able to join as well, assuming I don't injure myself before then, and I can find suitable accommodation for me and the family. Will have a look closer to the time.

I should be able to join as well, assuming I don't injure myself before then, and I can find suitable accommodation for me and the family. Will have a look closer to the time.

There is a 3 sleeper apartment in the place we are at.

Would be awesome! :thumbup:

You need to start the boys young, so you can have the German equivalent of those Whistler kids!

EDIT: I wouldn't put it past you to have a couple of JD bugs already lined up, for when the little lads can 'reach the pedals'

Edited by patches

There is a 3 sleeper apartment in the place we are at.

That's enough space for me and the bikes... but where do I put the wife and kids?

Would be awesome! :thumbup:

You need to start the boys young, so you can have the German equivalent of those Whistler kids!

**** that. I need a lawyer and a doctor in the family. They're my retirement policy.