Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Thanks anyway Omega. And thanks in general for making alpine riding an affordable reality for many of us rather than just a bucket list pipe dream.

Pleasure man. Now all I need is for you guys to spread the gospel when we get back and maybe we can educate Mountain Bikers in SA that sucking wheel and eating dust for 8 days on district road is not the be all and end all of mountain biking.

I Hope you've got my mails for all the bits you need for the visa. Need to get on that quickly boys.

Edited by Omega Man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you had to bail.

Thanks dude. I'm back on the bike but max I can do is 10km on a weekend. Slowly working my way back to more. Next year for sure!

Guest Omega Man

Thanks dude. I'm back on the bike but max I can do is 10km on a weekend. Slowly working my way back to more. Next year for sure!

Next Year!

My Alps conversion didn't work so well. Broken chain guide cos my retard bike mech (me) didn't tighten the chainring bolts up properly and my front chainring came off and tore the chainguide off the bike.

So chainless runs today.

This week marks 10weeks to France for me and only 1 week to Germany/Austria

I thought I was being overly concern about taking my rides on the Spruit 'easy' the last couple of weeks trying to keep my wheels on the ground, because I didnt want to break myself. I even stopped at something on Saturday which I will never stop at, 'just to be safe'. I felt silly afterwards, untill yesterday of course...when one of our fellow Spruit Rats went to go break himself on the Spruit....yes! ON THE SPRUIT!

I hope if something were to happen on my 1st trip that 9weeks will be long enough for me to heal before going to France.

I hope the rest of us with booked tickets etc keep ourselfs in tact all the time till after we return!

Getting excited though. But also nervous about next weeks trip!

I hope the rest of us with booked tickets etc keep ourselfs in tact all the time till after we return!

Yes well I've noted that more and more of my Strava PR's are on climbs lately and less on the fun stuff. At least I'll be super fit for those ski-lifts...

Guest Omega Man

I hope if something were to happen on my 1st trip that 9weeks will be long enough for me to heal before going to France.

Ja. the priority is to stay injury free from here on in.

You aren't going to become a world cup rider in 10 weeks so it's pointless to put yourself at risk.

Ja. the priority is to stay injury free from here on in.

You aren't going to become a world cup rider in 10 weeks so it's pointless to put yourself at risk.

Well I messed that plan up :thumbdown: :oops:

Guest Omega Man

Well I messed that plan up :thumbdown: :oops:

You've got loads of time to heal up. My mate Marc broke his wrist last year 4 weeks before we left. He kakked a bit but he still rode. He got a wrist brace. It's like a hard shell that you put in the microwave to make maleable. Then you put it on and mould it to yourself.

Maybe this is a good thing for you. force you to dial it back a bit. Sorry. Trying to find the positives here.

was only just getting back on after 8 weeks last time, arm will still be hurting a lot.

unless there is some super quick way to heal bones i think im out

was only just getting back on after 8 weeks last time, arm will still be hurting a lot.

Sorry to hear about this dude. Sucks having to admit not going despite what your mind and heart tells you.

2 out. The "f" curse.

Guest Omega Man

2 out. The "f" curse.

DON'T. SAY. THAT!

Guest Omega Man

This weekend is Opening weekend in Les Gets. Yeeee

So we can expect to see the usual early season edits from pro's and gooners alike. Tahnee Seagrave is a Les Gets ambasador for 2014 so we're sure to see a vid or 3 from her.

I'm keen to see a vid of that new double black on Mont Cheri and the new blue on Chavannes.

Edited by Omega Man

Don't they put atheletes in barometric chambers to heal up?

Guest Omega Man

2 Months! BOOM!

Edited by Omega Man