Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Don't they put atheletes in barometric chambers to heal up?

That's hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT).

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

So sick. Looks like a winner

Watch it again. Looks preeeety steep there at the end.

Don't they put atheletes in barometric chambers to heal up?

Looks like im going for it at this stage, don't quite have the budget the pro's do to heal up but ill do what i can.

post-4310-0-24978000-1401293685_thumb.jpg

post-4310-0-64444700-1401293686_thumb.jpg

Edited by Peach.

was only just getting back on after 8 weeks last time, arm will still be hurting a lot.

unless there is some super quick way to heal bones i think im out

Peach, upper limb fractures take 8 weeks to heal. What is your concern regarding leaving in 10 weeks? Strength, pain? Your bone should be fully healed and back to full strength within 8 weeks. The fracture itself should have set by 4 weeks, with the last 4 for remineralisation.

There doesn't seem to be enough evidence currently to ratify the use of HBOT to improve fracture healing. That being said, if it is available to you, and it does seem as if there are significant risks, maybe you should give it a go.

Peach, upper limb fractures take 8 weeks to heal. What is your concern regarding leaving in 10 weeks? Strength, pain? Your bone should be fully healed and back to full strength within 8 weeks. The fracture itself should have set by 4 weeks, with the last 4 for remineralisation.

I was riding 8 weeks after the last break, I could ride but it was a bit uncomfortable and sore.

We leave in 9 weeks so just enough time, Im concerned about strength and pain, more strength though but ill take it easy :thumbup:

I was riding 8 weeks after the last break, I could ride but it was a bit uncomfortable and sore.

We leave in 9 weeks so just enough time, Im concerned about strength and pain, more strength though but ill take it easy :thumbup:

Then get some sleep, Peach!

Guest Omega Man

Peach we'll just gorilla tape it!!!

Hahaha. Ja. A few sticks as a splint and a few pints of the Mutzig painkiller And you'll be set.

Hi Hubbers,

I've been very quiet on this thread because I hate getting excited about trips too long in advance. But that all changes today!

Popped by Capago this morning to submit my Schengen Visa and it was a breeze. Went in at 9:45 and out by 10:15 even after I had forgotten to pay them their fee! (They have internet terminals and printer available there so I'd recommend making sure all your documents you might need for Visa application are in 'the cloud' in case you need to access them there.)

So in 7 days time I should be good to go on this trip and holy carp, am I looking forward to it! It's my first overseas trip since I started iRide Africa 5 years ago and I feel it's well overdue.

Here's a picture of my ratbike (function over form) that I'm taking. It's Potties old Canfield Jedi and I can't wait to use it on gradients that it was meant for! If anyone wants to swap out their trailbike for this, then I'm happy to swap for a day or two. I'd need a large frame...

Have to says thanks to Omega for sorting out the whole trip. All in, I'd say I've only had to spend about 3 hours of admin time for the whole trip (mostly for the Schengen visa) which is a huge saving on time.

Anyway, can't wait to meet and ride with you all on the trip in...

Only two months baby!

post-6207-0-20231500-1401355673_thumb.jpg

Guest Omega Man

Where do you guys rate is best to go for foreign exchange?

I take as little as possible. Like 200 Euro.

Go somewhere quiet.

Don't do it at the airport unless you like people suddenly appearing out of nowhere in the queue in front of you.The rest I draw from ATM's there. Just tell your bank where you are going and how long you will be away for. Also be prepared for them to mess it up. Cos there's a 70% chance they will.

I had my appointment last Friday (actually went a week too soon) and got it back yesterday, approved. So I actually got my Visa in -2 days ;b

Starting to feel real now.

Only things left to do is get some proper grips (can't find ODI anywhere), a long sleeve top, some socks and one more pair of baggies then I'm ready to go.

Big service on bike was done last week and it's going smooth. Everything tip-top. Riding now limited to fitness and maybe some light trails...

Guest Omega Man

Only things left to do is get some proper grips (can't find ODI anywhere), a long sleeve top, some socks and one more pair of baggies then I'm ready to go.

Trail & Tar have ODI Rogue. Those are the boy's I recommend for Alps riding. Nice and fat (More natural hand position) and extra vibration damping.

Guest Omega Man

New trail map out for 2014 for Les Gets & Morzine.

Looking GOOOOOD.

post-18968-0-77470000-1401359471_thumb.jpg