Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Spoil Sport.

Dialed have that 661 cheapie for R1200ish. That should more than suffice.

Sorry! Yea it looks like a good option, seems to tick all the boxes and gets good reviews. I am between size M & L and my head is kind of odd shaped as it is. I'll check out the lab this weekend , and if not, might just take a chance on the 661 medium - have 30 days to send it back if it doesn't work out.

Edited by beanz

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tips guys (and girls).

Cycle lab - who would have thought? It's worth sticking my nose in. Dial'd only have the 661 which seems like a decent option too.I would like to not go too overboard on cost - maybe 2-3k max, but if I get something that fits fine, breaths and not too heavy for less that's ok too.

In any case I'm not one of those going huge. I'm going to taking it easy over there.

When I get back it's probably going to server mainly ornamental purposes, so color schemes should be chosen to go with my "stuff" room.

I ride with a 661. I don't feel the need for something else (I don't really care of people judge my kit).

It has also survived more than one tantrum-fit-toss (it went further than my bike too) and I have fallen a couple of times on my pip too and still here to tell the story :) I think I paid only R1100 at Dail'd

Sorry! Yea it looks like a good option, seems to tick all the boxes and gets good reviews. I am between size M & L and my head is kind of odd shaped as it is. I'll check out the lab this weekend , and if not, might just take a chance on the 661 medium - have 30 days to send it back if it doesn't work out.

I Also have the 661 ....see it in action here! The gouge in the chin piece did not bleed or need stitches unlike what would have been the case without it!

Edited by capediver

I ride with a 661. I don't feel the need for something else (I don't really care of people judge my kit).

It has also survived more than one tantrum-fit-toss (it went further than my bike too) and I have fallen a couple of times on my pip too and still here to tell the story :) I think I paid only R1100 at Dail'd

What's the tantrum-fit-toss all about?

No, fully, totally agree, not looking to shell out huge cash here. Plenty of other things I sill need to throw money at. Just want to protect my noggin and the stuff inside.

I Also have the 661 ....see it in action here! The gouge in the chin piece did not bleed or need stitches unlike what would have been the chased without it!

I'm in a youtube free containment zone, but I'll check it out later.

I Also have the 661 ....see it in action here! The gouge in the chin piece did not bleed or need stitches unlike what would have been the case without it!

The elbow guards came in pretty handy as well!

Guest Omega Man

I should be able to handle that in 8 weeks time :huh:

I reckon. There's also the new blue on Pleney. the blue on Zore. The new blue and green at Chatel.

Guest Omega Man

Hey. We're going to France next month. Guess I better start getting fit. Oh!

haha its a bit late for that

What for? It's all downhill!