Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

I'm probably the wrong person to give advice on bikes, since I have the habit of changing my DH bike every year... BUT maybe that makes me even more qualified, so here goes:

Buy the YT. If you realise after a few months that you don't like it, strip the thing down and use the parts to build up your next bike. Repeat the process until you find the bike you're happy with. Easy!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably the wrong person to give advice on bikes, since I have the habit of changing my DH bike every year... BUT maybe that makes me even more qualified, so here goes:

Buy the YT. If you realise after a few months that you don't like it, strip the thing down and use the parts to build up your next bike. Repeat the process until you find the bike you're happy with. Easy!

I'm about to change my mind on which one to get. And it's the YT. If you honestly believe that the morewood is a bit too long and a bit too slack, then go with what your head / heart is telling you and get the YT. You'll be starting off in a better place, psychologically, as you'll always be thinking "what if it's too long" and "I won't be able to handle it as well" if you buy the Morewood.

So - my suggestion is now to go for the YT. It's a kick-ass bike. And, as Duane says - it'll be the only one in the country.

You might be forgetting that I am not only going to Morzine and for the 3rd week there I will need a DH bike.

I honestly do not know how I feel about the 27.5" on a DH bike and the new Morewood frame/wheelbase is very long. Yes it is good for stability, but it might take the 'nimbleness'/ movability away for me.

YT, I would possibly even consider the Capra or Noton for DH

Guest Omega Man

Ok let's get this thread back on track shall we?

Chatel Top to bottom. The 2nd half was pretty much our staple diet at Chatel last year. People-Fluid-Lower People. Aaaaaand Repeat.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/369166/

Guest Omega Man

*Repeats to self: Keep right at the big gaps!*

Haha. You have to physically make the effort to get into the big gaps. The stuff is built properly bru. And. Um. Ja. Big isn't really the correct word.

*Repeats to self: Keep right at the big gaps!*

Haha. You have to physically make the effort to get into the big gaps. The stuff is built properly bru. And. Um. Ja. Big isn't really the correct word.

the real big gap in chatel is at the mid point (bottom of upper lift):

but don't worry, it is usually cordoned off to keep people from darwinning themselves on it.

And even if it's not... if you manage to ride out the drop leading into it, you'll probably make the jump

223829_10151011775760658_1996842611_n.jpg

(that's my bike in the gap)

http://stwww.bikemag.com/files/2012/07/CHATEL-091.jpg

(that is NOT me over the gap :eek: )

Guest Omega Man

the real big gap in chatel is at the mid point (bottom of upper lift):

Ja that sh#t is crazy.

Guest Omega Man

So - my suggestion is now to go for the YT. It's a kick-ass bike. And, as Duane says - it'll be the only one in the country.

There's also these. And they are also not exactly common in these parts. And Canyon actually have stock Unlike YT. How's the price on the cheapie?

post-18968-0-41943100-1404310284_thumb.jpg

post-18968-0-06152900-1404310302_thumb.jpg

There's also these. And they are also not exactly common in these parts. And Canyon actually have stock Unlike YT. How's the price on the cheapie?

post-18968-0-41943100-1404310284_thumb.jpg

post-18968-0-06152900-1404310302_thumb.jpg

Flippit!!!