Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Yeah Peach you tell'em. We'll have our Spruit Rat gang shirts on too so they better watch out (although a lot of my ones printing is coming off in the wash).

Hahaha.

So the quality of the shirt matching the quality of the trails there.....

(only kidding)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha.

So the quality of the shirt matching the quality of the trails there.....

(only kidding)

Or the quality of the riders...

Guest Omega Man

So Dan Dobinson from iRide (He's coming on the trip) tells me friends of his who live close to Morz say it snowed last night.

There's 2 things we can gleam from this.

Dan has friends!! Who knew?

It's the Alps. It can snow. Even in mid July.

Hehe. Just kidding Dan

So Dan Dobinson from iRide (He's coming on the trip) tells me friends of his who live close to Morz say it snowed last night.

There's 2 things we can gleam from this.

Dan has friends!! Who knew?

It's the Alps. It can snow. Even in mid July.

Hehe. Just kidding Dan

3 things: Dan's "friends" are trying to keep us away!

post-35907-0-33599600-1405066867_thumb.jpg

Guest Omega Man

Yet MORE free advice coming your way lads. And ladies.

If you have a somewhat decent set of headphones you should get one of the little goodies below. It allows you to use your nice headphones on the plane instead of the completely and utterly shite ones you get given on the plane. They are about R90 at the airport.

post-18968-0-55510900-1405070930_thumb.jpg

If you have a somewhat decent set of headphones you should get one of the little goodies below. It allows you to use your nice headphones on the plane instead of the completely and utterly shite ones you get given on the plane. They are about R90 at the airport.

220v Plugs? Edited by capediver

Guest Omega Man

220v Plugs?

Erm. The French standard is 220v I think the plugs are those 2 prong ones.

Erm. The French standard is 220v I think the plugs are those 2 prong ones.

Apparently they're similar to the German plugs. The standard 2-prong SA Plugs will fit (phone chargers etc), but for 3 prongs you'll have issues. Most likely the only 3-prong electronics you have will be a laptop, in which case try to only buy the cable that connects to the brick. It'll be much cheaper than the converter.

Guest Omega Man

Apparently they're similar to the German plugs. The standard 2-prong SA Plugs will fit (phone chargers etc),

Ja the 2 prong guys work fine.

Yup! It is plane dependant, but to be safe, get one of these.

Otherwise one has to put their nice headphones halfway in 1 of the plugs and it has to be kept dead still in order to get R & L channels.

On a side note, last time on our flight form Geneva to Dubai, I noticed a woman tring to put the cheapy 2 prong headphone jack into what she thought was the audio plug. It was in fact the power plug located on the back of the seat in front of her :ph34r:

In the state I am in ( a coughing phlegm ball of misery), I have no friends. Here's another 'webcam' I guess from the other side of the mountain... I trust my friends!

I'm sure it will clear my mid-summer when we are there!

post-6207-0-68901300-1405073829_thumb.jpg

Edited by iRide

Guest Omega Man

In the state I am in ( a coughing phlegm ball of misery), I have no friends. Here's another 'webcam' I guess from the other side of the mountain... I trust my friends!

I'm sure it will clear my mid-summer when we are there!

I hope so.

I hate riding in goop.

See the sculpture of the skier in the pic. That is a sculpture dedicated to Jean Vuarnet. He won downhill gold in the 1960 Olympics and was instrumental in the setting up and commercialization of the PDS and had a large hand in the design of Avoriaz.

The Vuarnet sunglass brand also bear is name. His personal life was somewhat less succesful with his wife and son committing suicide in some sort of cult in the 80's.

The Pleney lift was originally built in 1938. This was completely knocked down and rebuilt with a nice new spangly one during last year's summer.

Herewith ends todays lesson on the PDS.

Edited by Omega Man